Get Ready to RAGE - It's the Fong Bros

Impressive build! At the risk of sounding like I know nothing...can you give me some info on the tank? What kind/style? I like the way it looks

It's a high tunnel Wassel peanut tank. I buy them from my most cherished source which I truly love and could die a thousand deaths if it disappeared - eBay.
As for he pods, I've never complained. I like the way they look and I like the way they work. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, no complaints here.

You guys consistently make great looking bikes, true talent and a great eye for what works, nothing ever looks out of place and that's hard to accomplish. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What's the story with the 914 with the Lufthansa livery in the garage? My best friend restored one of the actual Lufthansa cars.

Fongbros :

Nice bike !

I never thought I would buy a bike, till I surfed the web and saw a pic of a "Fong Bros Xs"
I immediately sold all the stuff of the hobby i had , till a few months ago, and bought a xs650 and tc tail.
Thanks for opening my eyes !!

Is it for sale? I want to build a tracker and thought this would be a good start, and it wouldn't mess up a nice stocker.

It's a knockoff with a built chevy 305. 1970 914.

A Chevy! That's a shame. I hope it didn't start out as a real 914/6. They only made a couple thousand of them. Here's a real 914/6 , made to look like a 914/6GT. I think it had a 3.2 in it. Real GT cars with history are worth close to $1m.

Attachments

• 082809_17093.jpg
    082809_17093.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 178
@Jayel and ggggary. The entire world is for sale when the right amount comes across the table. If you want to spend the kind of money it takes to buy this bike and then start a project with it, more power to you. I don't know your financial situation, but I think most would find it advisable to use a lower cost model to start their projects. However, it's your wallet.

Ten hours of work at minimum wage, so $33.50 is a fair price. Add a few bucks for the value of the parts on it that aren't damaged, if any.

@Jayel and ggggary. The entire world is for sale when the right amount comes across the table. If you want to spend the kind of money it takes to buy this bike and then start a project with it, more power to you. I don't know your financial situation, but I think most would find it advisable to use a lower cost model to start their projects. However, it's your wallet.
You missed the sarcasm in Garys post :poke: You do know that the xs650 was a marvel of modern engineering with unsurpassed power and handling capabilities! Any creativity or changes applied to it from stock form is pure sacrilege and should be punishable to "Death by Bumbie":D

Last edited:
Well, let's see here. First, let's try to remember this is 2011, not 1978, so minimum wage is $7.25 not $3.35. So that would be $72.50 using modern math. Probably no longer a fair price is your mind. President Carter is no longer in office. There have been a few changes. The President is now named Obama and he is attempting to raise minimum wage to $9.50. That would make the price $95.00 if you needed help figuring that out. It seems Kaintuck may not be the only thing old here. On the plus side, you may be getting a raise soon.

You know what the correct minimum wage is. That's very suspicious.

Back