girl with dragon tattoo XS

.....late model Triumph *engine*, either a TR6 or a T120, I can't see the carb arrangement well enough to tell. Looks like nothing else is Triumph. Poor thing, that engine must be *SO* embarrassed, consigned to the lower level's of Dante's Inferno like that....and in public, too.

Ugh. I know, I know, chopper's are cool and everyone has the right to do what they want with their property, but---but---but, it looks like my 1969 Bonnie engine, and I know it would prefer to be in a proper frame and maybe lightly caffed out.

Just, as usual, my own little opinion, based on nothing but personal preferences.....lots and lots of personal preferences....:bike:

Too bad it wasn't a XS650 for the bike they used. But at least it was a vintage Japenese motorcycle and even better it was in Cafe Racer form with mods. Weird movie but great motorcycle action through the whole thing. So here's a question:if you have a Honda CL350 and a XS650 both done as a Cafe Racer like in the movie. With the same performance mods and weight reduction, which bike would win? XS650 with the bigger 300cc displancement? Or would the CL350 weighing less and smaller displacement be quicker?

Too bad it wasn't a XS650 for the bike they used. But at least it was a vintage Japenese motorcycle and even better it was in Cafe Racer form with mods. Weird movie but great motorcycle action through the whole thing. So here's a question:if you have a Honda CL350 and a XS650 both done as a Cafe Racer like in the movie. With the same performance mods and weight reduction, which bike would win? XS650 with the bigger 300cc displancement? Or would the CL350 weighing less and smaller displacement be quicker?

Here's a pretty close reference for ya.

I have both and the XS would win, hands down. The CL is geared too low as well. You can start off in second with no problem. Great bikes though. Also a CL/CB 350 is actually a 325 cc engine where a XS is 653cc. So you can see Honda dropped 25 cc for the CL/CB. The 350, from what I have read, was actually a model number and selling point, not a cc. Honda made the CB77, which is a 305 and the CL replaced it.

Figured as much. Thank you for the video jchrisk1, I watched it about five times. The smaller CB400 starts quicker off the roll but XS650 with more power in the top end just catches up and eats it alive. There's no replacement for displacement. Wow littlebill31 I didn't know the CL/CB was that small in displacement. I think they rounded up the cc's a little too high to hit a certain cc spec class.

I thought it was because in some countries engines below a certain displacement were taxed etc differently. FWIW, the 360's which replaced the 350's were 356cc engines. I had a 'batwing' CL360, pretty decent little bike.

I know licensing in some European countries went by displacement, but I was always told since the 350 replaced the 305 they wanted a better selling bike, therefore "350" sounded better.
I have a CJ360 engine. Just like a CB360 except no starter and only 5 gears.

1974jh5 what is a "batwing" CL360? Hey your in Columbia, your just right down the road from me. Their aren't many of us XS owner's in SC and hardly anybody knows what a XS650 is.

For a short time ( I think 1975 only) many of Honda's bikes had a black 'batwing' as fuel tank decals and mine was one of them, it was green with a black 'batwing'. I Googled till my Googler was sore and couldn't find a pic. Drat.

Yeah, there are not many XS's around these parts. Mine gets a lot of looks.

My 1972 CL350 is "Batwing" blue and came stock that way.
cl8.jpg

My 1972 CL350 is "Batwing" blue and came stock that way.
View attachment 15742

that is so cool! Love it.

I used to have a'69/'70 CL175. Neat little bike. Worst rear suspension ever, but all in all really neat. Also had a '75 CB200, silver <<really sweet little thing and pretty zippy, too. That one got stolen.
That CB200 would have been nice just slightly cafe'ed.

If I ever do another bike (if this project doesn't kill me) I'll probably try and find a CB200.

Back