Good Buy for 2 Bikes?

The only new parts are tapered bearings and pistons/bored cylinders. I'll sell you a sweet, clean, titled, running 81 Special for $1500, and GIVE you an untitled frame and a bunch of stock parts-seats, tanks etc. Throw in a couple of motors for $100 each.

John

If it cost you a grand to get the stuff freighted you would have a good running bike and something to work with for a little more than the $2.5 you were thinking of spending on a pile of parts. sounds like a win win situation and hooktool is an established member so he is not likely to put one over you

hey ck on jackson ms craigslist dude got an 81 with 22,000 miles has title runs great hes asking 1000.00 but would take bout 800. i have seen him riding it and talk too him it was on there tue or wen this week

I paid $750 for a poorly running but titled 79 special and a nontitled 82 frame and forks and a 80% complete second engine

Seems a little high if it was two complete bikes with titles and a lot of parts maybe but there are still bikes out there. Shit i sell a KIT BIKE for $2500.00 and you finish up the wiring and paint it BUT you got to come to NJ to pick up

Attachments

• kitsm.JPG
    kitsm.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 113
Well $750 for a complete running bike with title is a smokin deal here in Texas. I have been searching for an XS650 for over 2 years now, and had pretty much given up hope of finding something that was not retardedly priced. Sure, I found some great deals outside of Texas, but after factoring in either shipping the bike or the cost of fuel and my time to go get it, I was back to square one.

Without fail, the only options I have come across in the past here are basket cases that are supposedly all there for around $1K usually without a title, complete bikes that have been sitting outside and are locked up for $1,000-$1500 (might have a title), all original bikes w/ or without titles for around $1500-$2500, or it's been bobbed/trackered and they want $3500-6000.

And I'm not lying about any of that - that's consistently been the case within the major cities of Texas. I'll call these people and try to negotiate, and they don't want to budge a dollar. Absolutely nuts!!!

Here in the central valley California I paid $1000 for a 78 running non title standard and a non-running non titled 76. The 78 is now California titled. Tony C

$750.00 not bad but here is what you have to factor in
Bike $750.00
Hard Tail $250.00
Fender $50.00
Lights $50.00
Tank $50.00
Seat $50.00
So now you are at $1200.00 using Just Parts and bike
and now you got labor So you are still close to $2000.00
So sometimes it is better to spend a little more for more completed bike.
I get guys all the time come in got $2500.00 or more into bike and its not road ready yet. Prices of these bikes and bikes like CB 750 and triumph have gone up

$750.00 not bad but here is what you have to factor in
Bike $750.00
Hard Tail $250.00
Fender $50.00
Lights $50.00
Tank $50.00
Seat $50.00
So now you are at $1200.00 using Just Parts and bike
and now you got labor So you are still close to $2000.00
So sometimes it is better to spend a little more for more completed bike.
I get guys all the time come in got $2500.00 or more into bike and its not road ready yet. Prices of these bikes and bikes like CB 750 and triumph have gone up

That's if he uses labor.. $1200 is a pretty good chop. I've got more than $2500 in mine, but that includes a rephase, perm mag and 750.

Posted via Mobile

If you build it and weld on the hard tail yourself its a very good deal. But its still labor weather you do it or someone else does it. TIME IS MONEY. There were some great deals here on the east cost with bikes that were complete or 75% done and under $2000. I guess its tough in TEXAS to find one of these and even if he put $2000 in the bike it would still draw more money on resale if it looked good. There are a lot of guys who just want to buy and ride. I Just bought a 1983 XS 650 with a side car today and to this guy it was junk to me i see a cool chopper. ANYWAY good luck on your build.

Well, picked the bike up today. It's a little uglier than expected from the pics, but it starts on the 1st kick cold, so works for me.

However, so far not much of a fan of the Heritage Special wheels, so those'll probably be up for sale soon along with the seat and gas tank.

Do believe I've decided to do a street tracker build out of this one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the looks of the bobbers, but I fell in love with the street tracker 1st, so I think it's only fair.

Well, picked the bike up today. It's a little uglier than expected from the pics, but it starts on the 1st kick cold, so works for me.

However, so far not much of a fan of the Heritage Special wheels, so those'll probably be up for sale soon along with the seat and gas tank.

Do believe I've decided to do a street tracker build out of this one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the looks of the bobbers, but I fell in love with the street tracker 1st, so I think it's only fair.

Should've had me check it out first! Also congrats!

Posted via Mobile

Well, ya I probably should have, but it's done and my search is over....well, unless I find any other good deals he he he....

But, it's nice to know its mechanically sound....I'd much rather have a sound engine & electrical and a clean title and poor cosmetics than the other way around. Hell, all the cosmetic stuff is gettin replaced anyways.

Ugh...now I gotta go clean up the garage so I can start an organized teardown of the bike.

Back