Good bye to a Chopper

Britman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Sadly I let my CB750 Chopper go yesterday after spending less than 24 hours on Craig's List. Bikes are made to ridden instead of sitting covered in the corner of the over crowded garage and not be cranked over in over a month or more. The main deciding factor was the lack of room, with a project on the lift it had gotten to point I was navigating work space via game trails. I will miss the machine, but I will enjoy the added space and a nice bump to the mad money fund. I am on the fence about maybe letting a couple more go, I am just not riding that much anymore for a number of reasons. Even though I totally loved the look of the "Old Girl" a 74 year old back and the ride of the machine did not play well together anymore, so it drew the short straw....

Attachments

• IMG_0723 (1).JPG
    IMG_0723 (1).JPG
    670.9 KB · Views: 58
Looks like you did the right thing. But watching one of your children bikes being loaded into a van or ridden off down the street is almost the definition of mixed feelings.

I just gave away an '87 K75 with 338,000 mi. on it to a long-time friend that gifted this XS1-b to me years ago. He rode the K an hour home to the 'Burgh.
His garage is something to see, 30+ vintage bikes of all makes, but he loves his Beemers and anything Italian.

Does that count? :laugh:

12795-1366810748-e02e882ba97356942d4fc4873b7f638e.jpg

Back