Good handling of a HD police bike!

I was talking to a motorcycle cop in a Greyhound station around 1978. He said part of their training was to jump off the bike and slide on the pavement on their leathers without getting hurt. Long after, I read that used to be part of their training but isn't any longer. He wanted to smoke some weed he said. He said if I had some and shared it with him he wouldn't arrest me. He said he would only arrest people for weed if they produced it on their own or some such. I didn't have any and I'm sure he was trying to get me to produce some so he could arrest me :D

It depends. One night while I was driving, a hidden cop ran me down for making a right on a red without coming to a stop. My tag was expired and I didn't have insurance. As he walked up he said "You need to come to a stop before you turn right on red. Did you know your tag is expired?"

Ridiculously I said "When did it expire?" Of course it expires last day of my birth month.

He said "Have you been drinking?"

I said "I don't drink."

There must have been something in the way I said that; I must have said it like the Amish, because he took a step back and a transformation came over him and he sent me on my way without another word about the tag, or asking to see proof of insurance. Both of which he should have done. I thanked him and went on my way.

We have it easy here. In all other countries, including Europe, if they arrest you, expect to be slapped around. Here it's the rare exception rather than the rule.

Here's lots more of the cop in that video. Donnie Williams is his name, I guess.
http://www.youtube.com/user/vystrcil#g/u

Maby you have Jedi mind tricks? My experiance in western Europe is the opposite, in fact I've found the to be very leniant and easy going with some exceptions. Many of my friends have been sevearly beaten by police in my town and dumped where they are, no charge, no fines, nothing. But thats not what this thread is about.

That pig really knows how to handle his hog, hear him scraping the pipes and crash bars? Maby that acts like training wheels and helps him to those slow speed extreme turns. Very impressive nonetheless.

That was said by a law school professor, it's not from personal experience.

The basic trick to precision slow riding is keep the revs high, slip the clutch and drag the rear brake, all at the same time. You control your speed with the rear brake mostly. The high revs somehow helps keep you upright. Steering-wise, turn your head and look where you want to be going.

My brother used to be a Motorcylce officer. He sent me this link. He said that guy is really good. He said that it was required that he pass this same test to be a MC officer, but that this was two courses stacked. Generally they don't let police bikes pursue any more, but if they did, its a good bet you could not get away, unless you have a super bike.

Personally, I like cops and I am glad they are around. Its thier job to be tough. They would suck at thier job if they were not. Be honest and show respect. Then generally they will leave you alone.

Last edited:
Back