Good Motorcycle Books

grepper

fiddle futzer
Reaction score
For the most part I'm an informational reader, reading computer manuals for work, this forum, my Clymer manual :D, but occasionally I get a chance to read for pleasure. Two recent books I've read are;

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig. Disappointed that it had less to do with Zen or motorcycle maintenance than I'd like. Having read a few books on eastern philosophy, I had high expectations.

Hells Angels by Hunter S. Thompson. Pretty interesting commentary on the notorious motorcycle club and their place in the culture of the mid 60s. Also a very easy read, I tore through it.

Well, I'm looking for my next book :bike:. Suggestions????

Just finished re-reading "once an eagle" by anton myrer. Awesome read about wars and the military.4.5 stars out of 5. NOT A MOTORCYCLE BOOK THOUGH...

Don't look past Peter Egan's "leanings" and "Leanings 2". Great reads as it is a collection of his best articles and short stories about riding. Very fun, easy reads.

I forgot about "The Vincent in the Barn", my wife (a Liberian) checked it out for me. I read a couple of chapters out of it. Made me very jealous :(.
The same guy wrote "The Corvette in the Barn", "The Cobra in the Barn", and "The Hemi in the Barn".

I just sent an email to my wife about "Coming and Going on Bikes" and "Leanings/Leanings 2" by Peter Egan.

Thanks

One Mans Dream, The Britten Bike Story. the tale of the brilliant John Britten and how he came to build possibly the worlds sexiest bike (at least the coolest of its era). a book to be read more than once! also see the doco of the same title. cheers

The one that I would say is "under and alone " it about a ATF agent that gets in the mongols BC It was by far the best book.. I don't like to read but I finished it in a week I could not put it down. :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

Shop Class as Soul Craft was interesting. A bit wordy but a good insight into why we do what we can't seem to help doing, that is resurrecting dead motorcycles, and the skills we gain in the process.

I have a digital copy (pdf) of "The Life and Times of Sonny Barger and the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club. Also "The Rise and Fall of the British Motorcycle Industry."
I have an ePub copy of Shop Class as Soul Craft that I have been reading. The verdict is still out on that one.

Good Vibrations by Tom Cunliffe
The Perfect Vehicle by Melissa Holbrook Pierson
Outlaw Machine by Brock Yates
Any book by Sam Manicom

Thanks so much for your suggestions.
My wife check out "Leanings and Leanings 2" by Peter Egan. Started the first last night and found it hard to put down. It's starting to get cold around here and it's giving me the itch for a road trip.

"Motor-Cycle Chassis Design: the theory and practice" by Tony Foale If you really get into motorcycles, I mean REALLY! Take it to the next level and start a study of frames and suspension.

Tom Graham

Tom: You sparked my interest. "Motor-Cycle Chassis Design: the theory and practice" came out in 1984 and I see he has a seconded more complete version "Motorcycle Handling And Chassis Design" in 2002. I found a PDF version of it. I can email it to you if you like.
-Mike

Back