Wanted - Good stock 1975 XS650 Seat

Gordon in nc

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hello from North Carolina. I'm a new XS owner but not new to motorcycles.....been wrenching and riding BSA unit singles since 1968. I've always liked the look of the XS and finally ran across one local I just couldn't say no to. BUTT :) The seat cover is shot. I know I could recover since the pan and foam seem good enough.....but I haven't had any luck recovering seats and thought I'd look for a good used one instead. Yea I know....I'm a bit lazy but I have a lot of other stuff to do to get this poor thing back on the road and this will save me one step.

I have a feeling this is only the beginning, :)

Thanks in advance, money on the hip........Gordon in NC

jtrip,

Perfect would be nice but wasted on this poor thing. It sat in a basement where a fellow was spray painting a car......it is/was covered with gery primer over spray. The seat cover was the worst. I'm not a stickler for looks as long as the bike runs well but gery primer is not my style either.

This is my first Yamaha.......and the "newest" (year wise) motorcycle I have ever owned. I spent the day cleaning the over spray off and sorting through the carbs.....clutch is next then front master cylinder.....THEN...we'll see if the fire will fly out of it.

If you want.....when and if you have time send me a pic of one of your spares...
DAD1150 at AOL dot COM

Thanks for the help.......Gordon in NC (who was born in Tallahassee and raised in Woodville, Fla)

Several emails sent with pics. Let me know if you see something you like. Please keep in mind these cost close to $30 to ship. I'll only charge you what it costs to ship.

Jason.

<snip> I'll only charge you what it costs to ship. Jason.

Jason, that is a VERY kind offer and any of the seats you sent pics of would do.....but I had another member contact me and offer me a cover that he purchased and it turned out to be the wrong one for his bike. I'm going to go that route because once I removed the ruined cover from my seat....the foam and pan are in good shape. Only problem with that is.......I suck when it comes to recovering a seat. It always gets a bit out of line or ends up looking like an 11 year old girl's attempt at stuffing her bra with socks. :laugh: This bike will never be pretty while I have it.....so it won't matter if I mess up the seat recover job.

This poor bike only shows a little over 7500 miles on the clock but if that is true......someone tied it behind a pick up truck and DRAGGED it for 7200 of those miles.....what a mess.:eek:

Thank you for going to the trouble of taking those photos and sending them to me.....that's something I won't soon forget.

Take care.....it's weather like we're having right now that makes me miss Florida....Gordon

No problem and welcome to the forum. How 'bout posting up some pics of the ol '75 if you get a chance. She can't be that bad, she's only 40. lol.

Gordon, were you on the old Brit Bike Forum? A dozen or more years ago I sold a pair of NOS BSA tank badges to someone named Gordon on there. In any case welcome, you will find some very knowledgeable & helpful people on here. Good luck on your XS adventure. :bike:

No problem and welcome to the forum. How 'bout posting up some pics of the ol '75 if you get a chance. She can't be that bad, she's only 40. lol.

Jason, I'll post some pics just as soon as I have something"before" and "after"...:laugh:

Okie!!!!!!!!

Yep, that's ME!!!!!!! Britbike.com has been home for almost two decades.....still is. But I've had the jones for a XS and I finally got one. So far.....it's been fun and I'm still trying to figure it out. Didn't have a clue there were SO MANY models.....gota get up to speed (pun intended) on that.

Good to hear from ya.....small world heh?

Take care ya'll........Gordon

Welcome Gordon. I am also a member of the Brit.com. T.C. Tony C.

Posted via Mobile

Thanks for the welcome Tony.

Back when I hosted the BritBike.com get together (7-8 years ago) at Mid-Ohio.....a group of XS guys camped close to our compound. Nice group of fellows....maybe I'll meet some of them here. I was the fellow who set up the LARGE canopies in the corner (track side) of the family campground and flew the BritBike.com banner. I also hosted a "everybodies welcome" BBQ and bike show on Saturday.

Small world heh.

I wish I was closer to getting this XS on the road but it's going to be a bit longer.....baby steps.

When I got home last night I found three more emails from Jason that for some reason I didn't get at work. He has a seat I would like to have so I've emailed him about it. I'll still recover my stock pan butt that seat looks comfortable. The fellow has a heck of a collection of seats!!!!!:)

Take care.......Gordon in NC

Gordon have a look at my seat. I had it re-sculptired like a BSA and covered in leather.

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• PA050022 copy.jpg
    PA050022 copy.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 68