Got Mine running today! Video!

Sounds siiiiick, any pics of it in that state? You may have posted them in another thread that I missed haha.

Here it is waiting on the chain install and twisted steel sissy bar and rear fender. I made new plates that extended the axle back 3" and up 1", added an air ride mono shock of of a zx-6, cut every little useless doo-dad off of the frame and cut the rear off and built the shock and seat assembly. All of the elctrics are hidden in the little box, no wires are seen, its kick only and wired for the headlight to go off in neutral, I built the 2 into 1 pipes and the tank is one I have had for many years, its a 70's tank with a funky custom "iron maiden" paint theme done in 82. I have apes coming and I think those with the sissy bar should complete the look.

Ok bigjimmy, can you embed that vid like you did for angus? All I get when I click the link is the facebook log on page.

It's got promise, are those the STOCK swing arm tubes?

yup, and they sure dont make em very thick, I have an aluminum off of another metric that I am working on, has more beef.
I dont really anticipate any issues with the stock tubes, It is trussed underneath pretty decently and I'm not racing or jumping hills with it, but the aluminum one looks pretty trick, is stronger , longer than the stock yami and lighter and I'll just cut it down on the bearing end to fit the yami frame and PC it black when I'm done with it.

Thanks bigjimmy. I like the way that sounds. I like to hear all the different engines, to see if mine sounds right. I'll take to someone, sometime during the winter. It sounds good enough to ride to me, after hearing most of the engines here and on youtube.

That thing sounds great. Looking forward to more pictures.

How did you setup the rear suspension, or is it mono-struted?

Posted via Mobile

Back