Gotta start somewhere....

slowride

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple XS650's last year that a buddy told me about. They were sittin in a barn about 10 miles from my shop. Started stripping off the stock stuff. One frame already had the rear fender support sawed off. Was gonna build one bobber and one brat. Then came across #3 on craigslist, already hardtailed, forward controls, etc. but in need of some serious fixin. Frame cracked, steering head bearings shot, motor mounts cut off......

So, as you can see in the background of the pics I have a small machine shop and my first project was rear wheel spacers to get everything all lined up. Hope to make some cool custom parts for my build.

Really lookin to for something other than a sporty tank, something unique, but I put the tank on in a few of the pics anyway.

Like I said earlier, gotta start somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG00093-20101230-1444.jpg
    IMG00093-20101230-1444.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG00098-20101230-1604.jpg
    IMG00098-20101230-1604.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 109
  • xs.jpg
    xs.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 124
  • My Yamaha's.jpg
    My Yamaha's.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 135
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

And don't be jealous of the shop, if you need anything machined give me a yell.
Also have CNC Mills and small CNC Lathe, picking up a wire EDM tomorrow. Should be able to make some cool stuff. I ride and race dirtbikes also and make some trick stuff for them.

Just a suggestion (though you may have had a specific reason for doing it) for loading in the back of the pickup, going just above the bottom of the triple trees is much better/safer than the handle bars.

Looking good on the engine work though! Pretty!

I guess the dirtbike hauler in me just out of habit hooked the straps to the bars. It was really light though, with nothing else in the frame. Also used massive ratchet straps cause my bike straps were in my race van :thumbsup:

Back