great head job

jefft

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Now that I got your attention. Looking for what is considered by others the best place to send a cylinder head to get rebuilt.
jefft

Last edited:
I've heard of Hoos before. I'm checking his on-line price list now. I do like the ability to see the prices.
jefft

Last edited:
Ryan at 707 Racing did mine as well. He built me a ported head with enlarged titanium valves, springs/retainers and custom valve guides. Using it on my 750cc rephased motor. Pulls like a freight train and revs freely. Haven't put it on the dyno yet but that's the plan. Just fitting flat slide TM carbs to it.

I am just interested on a good head rebuilder for a street bike. I believe that head was quite expensive for my use.
jefft

No matter where you send it, I'm sure even just a basic overhaul (valves lapped, valve guide seals replaced) will cost you several hundred dollars. You need a couple special tools to do head work (valve spring compressor, valve lapping stick & compounds, Dremel if you want to clean the ports up) but even then, you can do it for less than $100.

Back