great V8 car race at phillip island this weekend!!!!!!!!!

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys with the lead up to bathurst ,,,we are now entering the first long distance race of the year at phillip island ,,, i have been fortunate to be at the island several times and it is a great racing track ,,, ,,along with camping set ups ,, bar etc... well worth the trip regards oldbiker

and you guys in the US are going to have the V8's racing over there soon and will be able to really see what car racing is all about:D

Attachments

• Holden_VE_Commodore_of_Craig_Lowndes.jpg
    Holden_VE_Commodore_of_Craig_Lowndes.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 881607-james-courtney.jpg
    881607-james-courtney.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 116
  • v8s.jpg
    v8s.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 124
Batherst is a killer track I'm going to record it and watch on sunday that way I can go out. + I get to FF through the coms. then it don't take 6 hours to watch it. V8 supercar racing is some of the best on the planet

Six hours is the race, track distance is 6.2 klms, race distance is 1000klms = 160laps, in race mode they circulate at around 2min 12secs per lap depending on fuel load, tyre condition, the stage of the race and the amount of "red mist" clouding driver judgement. The qualifying times are around the 2min 7sec mark, current lap record held by the great Craig Lowndes at 2min 06sec 80mill.

Some people have the Grand Finals or whatever, for me this is the one day of the year that I'm booked in front of the TV, ALL DAY!!

Go Lowndsey (and Skaife) in the 888 Vodafone car, failling that Shane Van Gisbergen (Gissy) in SP Tools car 9 looks the goods for the Ford fans, if it rains, which is a fair chance looking at the weather charts, look forward to a very exciting race.

Attachments

• V8+Supercars+Bathurst+1000+Practice.jpg
    V8+Supercars+Bathurst+1000+Practice.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 113
If you Aussies wouldn't mind listing who the racers to watch are, that'd be great for those who haven't watched it regularly. I follow F1, as it's best covered where I am.

America used to have great V-8 automobile racing in the form of NASCAR. But that was before the made for TV format ruined the best of it. Let's hope the same doesn't happen to Aussie V-8 racing.

well I have put 50 laps at batherst on my Xbox what a wild track up and down, left and right ,slow and fast as hell. the real thing muct be a BLAST to drive!

If you Aussies wouldn't mind listing who the racers to watch are, that'd be great for those who haven't watched it regularly. I follow F1, as it's best covered where I am.

I made another thread with a link to the "official" web site, some pics and circuit details plus my trifecta, but as usual a good discussion on which Driver and what car is best is part of the fun. As you may have gathered this is a two make race running the locally produced Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore, although only the skin remains the same.

Back