grinder vs. thumb. (graphic pic...)

lukach4

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
so i decided to take a little time today to get my fender cut and just get a few things done... well, lets just say I should have just kept my ass planted on the couch watching football..... lost consentration for a split second and this is what happened.. hardly bled at all... total tally.... 5stitches, 1 tetnus shot, and waiting for a big bill from urgent care concidering I dont have health insurance. lesson learned! a few beers and I'll be fine... Just thought I'd share.

Attachments

• grinder vs. thumb.jpg
    grinder vs. thumb.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 209
  • grinder vs. thumb 2.jpg
    grinder vs. thumb 2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 164
You didn't need stitches! It was all seal up! I have done that a few times.

Now you wanna see a bad wound? Don't let the wire wheel get away from you. My forearm was turned to hamburger in seconds, then it just off my arm and went across my stomach until it was caught in my clothing and stopped.

Note to self don't buff up a chain saw chain on a wire wheel and no gloves, Duh-oh and 14 stitches, just saying. Don't you hate that second when you know it's happened and you are going to have to look? Just knowing the day, week, month maybe, is NOT going to be productive sucks.

Yah , The wire wheel dose some nasty damage esp the twisted wire. My father in law had one jump out of his hand and run across his face, just missed his eye. Left some nasty rug burn tho.
I'd a put some tape on that thumb myself, bet u'll be careful next time.

it had coderisedso not much bleeding at first. went to the bone but no severe damage.. thought about just glueing it at first but figured I'd better be safe than sorry.. lots of crap it it..

oh shit man, hurting your hands sucks sooooo bad. Good luck healing. I've wire wheeled up my arm before.....not fun, hundreds of thin cuts....

your first picture is very strange, because I've seen that exact cut shape on metal....

I second the not needing stitches. That's the only good thing bout a grinding wheel it burns the cut. I did that thru a glove all the way up my finger. Just pour some peroxide in it and save the medical bills! Shit gonna be expensi e! Hope its not ur tattooing hand!

Ouch!!! Glad you're ok though. Wire wheels are the devil. My turn for a story. My friend was pushing really had on one with somekind of metal item. A wire snapped off of the wheel and took out his eye. Moral of the story- wear safety glasses!

...and took out his eye. Moral of the story- wear safety glasses!

An old co-worker lost his eye similarly. When I knew him he was a fanatic wearer of safety glasses, lest something take out his remaining eye. He was terrible at his job though because it was fine work that required good depth perception.

.045 mig wire shotgunning thru your finger isnt fun either. didnt really hurt the first day, but when the nerves started healling, like a vise grip on my finger!!
my friend was buffing some alum, and the plug in was on the ceiling. guesse what happnes next? the wheel grabbed the power wire, and swung it around, whipping him twice on the back!

Yee-ouch! I probably would have went for the stitches too... otherwise it would probably heal really funny looking.

i use superglue in my cuts on my hands. pretty soon they are going to be all scar. really glad i have never wire wheeled my face. makes me kinda sick thinking about it.

i use superglue in my cuts on my hands. pretty soon they are going to be all scar. really glad i have never wire wheeled my face. makes me kinda sick thinking about it.

Almost makes for a good horror movie murder... Wire wheel to the face!!!

Back