grinder vs. thumb. (graphic pic...)

well boys. I got myself real good last night wit the cut off wheel. Right through my glove. I got to see what the inside of my hand looks like! I missed my ligament by a few millimeters. No major damage. FWIW, the hospital just used water to clean it out. I poured alcohol on it and tried to clean it out before I decided I should go in. It didn't hurt last night at all, but today it was terrible. Had to get some pain pills.

cut.jpg

It's nice to resurrect a gory old thread isn't it? LOL

I worked with a guy that had a grinding disk come apart on him. Everybody in the shop had removed the grinder guards because they made the job more awkward. Well, this poor dude was grinding slag off of heavy plate right at crotch level. Disk exploded and removed one of his testicles.
Every grinder guard was in place the next morning!

I am nursing a jacked up calf this week. I was kick starting my shovelhead the other day and I felt something give that felt like a rubber band. I been walking around like one of those zombies from the walking dead. And to think it has a electric start too.
jefft

I remember my first day of shop class. We had an old southern boy type for a teacher. He was going to show us how to use the table saw. He said,, and to quote.

"Now boy's. Keep your God Dam hand's out of the blade".

He then turned the saw on and showed us how to cut the end of your thumb off. :yikes:

I fell your pain I got it across my nuckle today on an big ass chop saw with an abrasion wheel on it not as bad as u thow

I have a rule;

When I feel the least bit tired, stop working on my projects, remember I'm there to have fun and enjoy it, what doesn't get done today will get done tomorrow.

Most of my injuries came when I was tired, frustrated or mad. All bad combos.

Looks like stitches are in order, but I had a deep gash like that and my nurse keep it open and cleaned so it healed from the bottom out.

That looks nasty, here's hoping your a fast healer.

Back