gsxr fork conversion

masonxs650

XS650 Member
Reaction score
so i understand all of the bologna with the swap and everything but my only question i cant seem to answer is do i need one of those tubes in between the bearings so i dont overtighten and crush them? if so where would i get one or would it have to be machined? hopefully someone thats already done this swap can chime in as i have the bearings and spacers and everything all ready, thanks!
FullSizeRender 3.jpg

I am currently in the process of installing GSXR1000 K7 forks.
I used the Moto Lana stem but it should be possible to extend the GSXR stem once this has been pressed out.
I've used taper roller bearings and had an issue with the bottom of the steering stem tube fouling against the top of the bottom yoke. This was fixed by removing a couple of millimetres from the bottom of the tube.

Now to your question - I'm assuming you are referring to the wheel bearings as there is no such spacer fitted into the steering stem.
I would have thought that the easiest and probably cheapest in the long run would be to get one from the hub manufacturer.
Out of curiosity, which hub are you using?

I am currently in the process of installing GSXR1000 K7 forks.
I used the Moto Lana stem but it should be possible to extend the GSXR stem once this has been pressed out.
I've used taper roller bearings and had an issue with the bottom of the steering stem tube fouling against the top of the bottom yoke. This was fixed by removing a couple of millimetres from the bottom of the tube.

Now to your question - I'm assuming you are referring to the wheel bearings as there is no such spacer fitted into the steering stem.
I would have thought that the easiest and probably cheapest in the long run would be to get one from the hub manufacturer.
Out of curiosity, which hub are you using?
Yes I am referring to the wheel bearings should've been more clear, I am using the stock 1977 spoked wheel hub just got new bearings to match the stock 47mm od and the 25mm id of the gsxr hollow axle and machined spacers accordingly

Back