Gsxr front with 650 wheel

Ccrider

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to put a gsxr front on, but keep my 650 wheel.
Looking for info on how to use my stock 650 wheel with the gsxr forks.
Also what size brake disc (single settup) works well ?
I have seen/read the threads related, but not much info on what to do at the wheel

Last edited:
ccrider Check out [cafe without a plan] in pics section, I did one a few years ago I just used the stronger stock gsxr hollow axle with new bearings for the stock wheel You'll need a rotor with more offset. I just re drilled an old gsxr one which was not the best set up but it worked for a old low speed rider like me. You can have a custom rotor made with the correct offset but the wait time is like 8 weeks

hey guys i was just out mocking mine up and well first things first its almost a direct swap allballs racing makes a bearing swap for this but there are a few other issuse to be sorted. you can use all of the 650 wheel but you will have to have a ne axle made. this is the route im going i dont have measurements yet. it looks like under the lower bearing you will need a spacer to shorten the stem a little bit, and you will have to shave the upper tripple clamp some for the top nut to seat properly. im going to use the 650 rotor and make a new press in sleave that will accept a 17mm axle and use spacers to fit the gsxr nissin caliper. the forks i have the axle threads in to the left leg in going to hone the threads out and use a spcaer to but up against the speedo drive and the fork leg and have the axle nutted on the out side of the fork leg........but this being said the suzuki katana,the bandit and the 80s gsxr forkss are all the same as the 92 gsxr forks i have but with a 17mm axle so this swap should be simple with a bearing swap and some wheel and caliper spacers but to use the 650 rotor you will need a new sleave made i should have pics to come soon ordering the bearings tomorrow and waiting for a reply to see if they make a 20mm wheel bearing so maybe i wont have to make a new axle!

All balls makes a wheel bearing swap to a 20mm axle part#6204-2rs i think its about $50 and for an atv but it will allow you to run the stock gsxr axle

A 1992 750 i will do a full thred on the swap as soon as the bearings come in im doing it on a 72 xs2 but i will do me best to give every detail and pic that i can. I will say you will atleast need access to a machine shop im trying to do this on the cheap. I bought the front end about 3 yrs ago and had it on my katana streetfighter that was traded for this xs.

I put a zx6rfront end on mine with the stock xs spoke wheel. The zx6r bearings popped right into the xs wheel and I retained the sweet hollow axle.

Im using the stock wheel but i swapped bearings and because i have the floating rotor i have bearings for that coming tomorrow but $8 for bearings pff well worth it. I ordered the head bearings from all balks to swap in and i will order the 3 mm spacer tomorrow. The ill have to make caliper spacers and get longer bolts, then machine the stock axle 8mm the make an 8mm spacer for the oppisite side.......ill show in the how to for everyone

All
Great info, thanks.
That's a good price on the fastenal bearings, u have pn#'s

This is it so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 409
Back