Hand signals- people don't know what they mean

Try living in the UK! The amount of blind f*#k wits on these roads is horrendous! I ride with no indicators and I just make doubly sure of my observations and plan ahead.
I think all car drivers should do their bike test!

I hear ya Paul... I moved to Salt Lake City, from Los Angeles pretty recently. LA has crazy aggressive drivers... but Utah takes the cake for "f*#k wits on the roads". I've got my helmeted head on a swivel here.

Deft

My classic was being cleaned out on my Foggy rep Ducati years ago and the old lady ended up in court and turned she was registered partially blind!!!!! No wonder she never saw me!!i lived in Plano, Dallas for a while and I found the US drivers to be very "biker aware". The best country to ride is Holland, they are so biker friendly and so vey aware! Great place too!

I have to agree with keeping signals on the bike... and wearing a helmet. I generally don't like the government telling me what to do... But I have to say, I wish all states required a helmet. On the off chance that I ever hit a motorcyclist, I'd rather not have their blood on my hands.

Not only was someone killed, but I have to immagine that this 18 year old's life has been forever changed. Wear your helmets guys... I'm new to XS's and I need your brains good and healthy so I can pick em for information :thumbsup:

Deft

i get what your say'n but not everyone likes the idea of a helmet. i hate the feel of them when im ride'n (out of state). i live in ohio where there no helmet law and abate has helpped keep it up 2 the rider thank god! as for signals its all about the scooter be'n clean and if u can pull it off with signals do it. it's alot more safe

i get what your say'n but not everyone likes the idea of a helmet. i hate the feel of them when im ride'n (out of state). i live in ohio where there no helmet law and abate has helpped keep it up 2 the rider thank god! as for signals its all about the scooter be'n clean and if u can pull it off with signals do it. it's alot more safe

Yeah... I know they aren't for everyone. I ride my bike to work wearing a helmet, and my hair always looks like Sh** when I get there. I'm usually of the mindset that the govt shouldn't be telling me what to do, but I really don't like the idea of killing someone when it could have been avoided. Stay safe out there :thumbsup:

I don't have turn signals, and the drivers around me are OK with hand signals. Most of the time I go out of my way to try and make it as blatantly obvious as possibly as to my planned moves on the road. Doesn't always work, though, and then I usually resort to non-traditional hand signals.

~ Derek

No choice in the UK - I'm that used to riding with one now I think id feel naked without one - Nice to have the choice though!

i know some guys that say they feel naked without one and thats the cool thing about Ride'n bikes most people let you just be you. that is unless you are be'n a A$$hole...:laugh:

Yeah... I know they aren't for everyone. I ride my bike to work wearing a helmet, and my hair always looks like Sh** when I get there. I'm usually of the mindset that the govt shouldn't be telling me what to do, but I really don't like the idea of killing someone when it could have been avoided. Stay safe out there :thumbsup:
i had a friend die from a wreck without a helmet so i do see ur point but my dad and mom where in a ABATE for years here in ohio. they worked hard to keep this a riders choice state thats the way i think it should be everywhere. i do rock a fullface brain bucket in winter to help with the cold

Back