hard starting when warm

fullercameron

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Got the carbs rebuilt and put back on. New float valves seem to have fixed things right up. Running really nicely when warm now. It seemed to start relatively easy when I first jumped on and got it going, stopped at the auto parts store to get a tail light bulb, same thing - first kick, but I accidentally hit the kill switch at a light and it took half an hour of it sitting to get it going again. Rode it across town and hopped off to talk with a friend and again had to wait a half hour. Acting like it is flooding.

Pulled the plugs and they look really good. Nice color (especially compared to the black they were a couple of days ago) Even though it was running super rich the other day and fouling plugs, it still would start on the first or second kick. Today with a fresh carb. rebuild, it wants to be a pain in the ass. Bruised the shit out of my foot kicking tonight.

Still popping a bit on deceleration, but I haven't take it back to my shop since I fired it up and took it out this afternoon. I'll try to get out there tomorrow when it is warmed up and do a little carb tuning, but in the meantime, does anybody recognize these symptoms and have a fix?

Thanks for any input. Can't really complain, ran about 60 miles today and it sounded and felt pretty great. Super stoked that it is finally up and going.:bike:

Back