Wanted - Hard Tail Project -Any Parts

AussieHard

AussieHardTail
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am looking to build/Buy a XS650 Hard tail.

Looking for complete bobbers that I can modify to suit, rollers, cheap donner bikes, bits an pieces. It is cheaper to import than buy local.

If you have any of the above pls PM me.

Cheers,

Dale

I can build or sell you a roller or complete bike. I sell kit bikes complete bikes frames rollers just about anything you want Long HARD TAIL DROP SEAT HARD TAIL Email me and i will send you prices and pictures. I have two bikes overseas Now in England and Germany and PR but thats US. Will crate it up BUT!!!!! You got to set up shipping and pickup. Dealing with these overseas shipping companys is a pain in the ass and time consumeing.
RGrant51@aol.com

Aussiehard, probably better to source in the US if you can get shipping for the right price go for it, personally I could not be bothered with the red tape so paid the extra $$$ to buy one locally + being 3 hrs from the coast & 12hr drive from Brisbane turned me of the idea.
Certain people in Aust want a mint for complete XS650's $2-4K for nothing special & you can get complete bikes in the US for under $1K, obviously greater supply of bikes over there & the more you pay the better the cycle.
As they are becoming a bit of a "Cult" classic for modifying get one now as Yamaha are not making anymore.
I bought mine approx 2 months ago & am going to street track it, was considering a hardtail bobber but the thought of pissing blood on the side of the road does not appeal to me + a dodgy lower back = not a good idea.

Good Luck.

I have been offered a 77 XS Special which has partially been restored, engine rebuilt, stock frame restored, bike currently unassembled, for AU$3K …...Local

YAMAHA XS650SH 11/81.
NEW PAINT ON TANK AND SIDE PANELS, SEAT RE UPHOLSTERED, BEEN STORED FOR 5 YEARS. AS IS. AU$2K….interstate.

Thinking the rebuilt special is probably a better bet, but feel bad chopping it!
Need to import a hardtail roller to swap it into.

Why don't you just get a back half frame section, and use the rest?

Two reasons,

1. I'd like to keep the stock frame & parts, if I ever want to send it back to original or have to many probes with reg/compliance/cops.

2. If I buy a tail, I still need to find someone experienced enough to rake it and weld it on. The frame isn't something you want done badly. Over there are plenty of places that have the jigs etc and do it regularly.

If any Aussie members know of good frame builders in Melbourne? Still think it would cost more here.

Be weary of stories about rebuilt engines when buying sight unseen via ebay etc... Especially being an unassembled bike your putting alot of trust in a stranger... From experience, just sayin...

Cheers Robbo,

But it the unassembled, basically is the engine is out but in one piece. It is at a local dealership, was a trade in that they are in process of doing up. I just happened to mention I was looking for one, and the owner said he had one but still in bits I could get a better price if I took it now before they spent more time or more money if they finished assembling it.

Robbo do you know any good frame makes in Aust, or Melb??

Back