Hardtail paid for will post pictures as the build goes.

ratfinkd1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Well I've gathered a few parts and some money to start my build. I sent my paypal payment to tigman to build my hardtail for me today. I should see it in about three to four weeks. I'm really excited about doing business with Dave out all the custom frame and hardtail builders that do any strecth, drop, and ride height he was the only one (David Bird also but didn't like the look of his hardtails) I talked to that called me back in a timely fashion and returned e-mails back quickly. Now with that said i don't want anybody thinking I'm bashing tc bros or any of those guys who only do certain stretches and ride heights because I didn't call them or talk to them I wanted something different than what they sell.I'll let everyone know how the rest of the process goes. I doubt it will be anything but good feedback.
This is what he's gonna do for me
No stretch
5 inch ride height
axle plates allowing standard chain adjuster use
axle incorporated fender strut mounts
and leaving off battery stay mount but sending it with hardtail just in case in need it.
Its not a difficult build or even a different idea its just most people do only two different style frames and stretches. Other than David Bird and Tigman then other guys just can't seem to communicate with customers.

Well I should be hearing back about shipment of my hardtail this week if everything is going well on the builder's end. Hopefully he's running on schedule. I started tearing it down today and got this far before a buddy showed up to change his oil in my garage(I installed an air conditioner).

Attachments

• P7180256.jpg
    P7180256.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 90
  • P7180258.jpg
    P7180258.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 52
  • P7180257.jpg
    P7180257.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 80
Heres som pictures of what it looked like when I got the bike. It was in rough shape after having to replace the carbs( the P.O. had broke the head completely off two jets)and a battery I got it running everything worked great except for the charging system of course.

Attachments

• IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 59
Still waiting for hardtail......And need to take a another photo have front hoop cut off and about to go down stairs and work on shaving the front hoop. Picking up a front hub 64 spoke heritage wheel for a 21" conversion in the next few days.....

Attachments

• P7220274.jpg
    P7220274.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 66
School, work, and money has kept this build very slow. But I've got the hardtail done finally. 0 strecth frame by tigman. Good looking hardtail only issues tubing was larger so my welder had to do alot of blending on the bottom frames rails.
Whenever I can find free time I'm working on shaving the forks. I have a weekend off from work so I'll use a couple of hours on that if my truck allows me too. I paid off my truck and as soon as i did the check engine light came and it started miss firing on cylinder and developed a vaccum leak. Found the vaccum leak. Now I have fix the misfire. Hopefully its just a bad plug or coiul pack.
Anyways here is a shot of the hardtail. Thanks Matt Hurtado if anybody wants any leatherwork check him out at http://workingmanscustoms.blogspot.com/ or http://workingmanscustoms.com/

Attachments

• P9060325.jpg
    P9060325.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 138
Thanks blackbetty I can only take credit for the front hoop cut, removal of gussetts, and cleanung up of fram and welds from everything taken off. Tanks by tigman did the hardtail and Matt Hurtado welded it in.

Haven't posted anything lately school and work is kicking my ass. After this semester its just welding and metal classes so hopefully I can actually enjoy a little me time every once in a while. I did get a buddy of mine to remove the castings on my front hub. Gonna try and start filing and hand sanding it clean. I have lobbed off the unwanted tabs on the forks and will be doing the same thing to that as I have begun to do to the hub. Hopefully I'll be posting some pictures in the next few weeks of that progress.
Anyways I know people have been looking and wondering is this guy doing anything. Well 14 credit hours of school, 40 hour work ,and not to mention time to study for english and math have been making me a very dull boy. I'm really not sure how I fit time into that schedule to sleep.

Back