harley fat boy rims

jolo9534

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi guys, i was wondering if anyone has put on some harley fat boy rims to their xs650. i was told that you would just need to find the right size bearings. will the clalipers fit. would i need some kind of spacer. any info would be great. thanks
00909_1UaF0Om5tOs_600x450.jpg

Older Fatboys run a 3/4 axle. The newer ones run a 1” axle. Not sure what year they switched over but the bearings are interchangeable. I think you need to do a lot of measuring to figure out your offsets and spacer lengths. But that’s a pretty wide wheel to fit in an XS swing arm. Not saying it can’t be done, but maybe you can compare measurements with someone that has a special model with 16” rear. Don’t think you will fit a 16 on the front of a stock xs fork though.

Older Fatboys run a 3/4 axle. The newer ones run a 1” axle. Not sure what year they switched over but the bearings are interchangeable. I think you need to do a lot of measuring to figure out your offsets and spacer lengths. But that’s a pretty wide wheel to fit in an XS swing arm. Not saying it can’t be done, but maybe you can compare measurements with someone that has a special model with 16” rear. Don’t think you will fit a 16 on the front of a stock xs fork though.

i have a hard tail on her. hopefully it'll fit. i'll start on the measurements this sunday. i'll find a way.

I once rode a HD Fat Boy. What a pig of a bike......I struggle to see what using FatBoy wheels should bring to any reasonably proportioned bike, like an XS 650. If anything, a 19" spoke wheel with a narrow rim and a 3.50 tyre in the back, and an even slimmer 21" front rim with a 3.00 tyre in the front, would be way more appropriate on any XS bobber IMHO.

I once rode a HD Fat Boy. What a pig of a bike......I struggle to see what using FatBoy wheels should bring to any reasonably proportioned bike, like an XS 650. If anything, a 19" spoke wheel with a narrow rim and a 3.50 tyre in the back, and an even slimmer 21" front rim with a 3.00 tyre in the front, would be way more appropriate on any XS bobber IMHO.

its the look im after. the bike vibrates like crazy, is on a hardtail, the seat has no cusion and its a jockey shift. im not looking to build a bike to ride long distances.

Back