Has anyone ever used a different kill/run switch than the stock one.

socxs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about creating a hidden kill switch and wondering if anyone has ever done it before and if so what kind did they use and was there any serious wiring issues to worry about.

thanks ahead

The point of a kill switch is to have it easily accessible incase of an emergency... I don't have one on my chopper but i also don't have any other switches on the bike other then key and push button start and a very small toggle for high beam... I do think about.putting a kill on it. But for.the 1200 kms i put.on a season i should be.fine

I put a switch to stop the juice to the coil, and make the Stock kill switch control my headlight on/off!! A simple 2 way on/off switch, you can get this in different models in every auto-parts and hide it anywere on the bike... you can install it in-line on the ground wire of your coil... My way to do it... easy peasy

If you want, you can hide as many kill switches as you want, anywhere on the bike, you just wire them in series. I have secondary hidden kill switches on my Sportster and on my Bratstyle XS650. Neither of these bikes has a key switch, just an on/off toggle ignition switch, that is why I have the secondary kill switches, to thwart theft. For a hidden kill switch you can use almost any toggle switch, I have used mini and micro toggles. And yes, they both have primary kill switches on the bars, next to the grips.

I don't worry about theft - in that no one is going to start the bike and ride it away. If someone wants to steal it, they'll just pick it up and toss it into a truck/van and take off...

I run a basic toggle switch on my customs for the kill switch... Or with no battery and a PMA - you can just stall the bike and walk away :)

Back