Hayabusa Rear Set

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
This idea has turned out to be more than I bargained for. The left side was a piece of cake, just had to make a new linkage rod with ball ends and make new splines for the shift arm and everything went together and worked as it was intended. The right (brake) side has become a real pain in the "Butt". Everything that can`t clear does. Brake arm hits the frame upright, starter lever hits the brake arm, master cyl banjo fitting bolt hits the frame, stoplight switch had to be removed along with the brake arm return spring mounting stud, etc-etc. The only thing that has gone right is the concentric`s I made for the mounting studs and the starter lever has great clearance to the foot peg. The simple way might be to make a new brake lever and modify the frame to accommodate everything else? Has anyone ever done this before with any success? The thing is the pegs are in a real comfortable place for me and the knee bend is at a minimum. Lower and not as far back as most after market sets.

hayabusa rear set 007.JPG hayabusa rear set 011.JPG hayabusa rear set 009.JPG hayabusa rear set 011.JPG hayabusa rear set 014.JPG hayabusa rear set 017.JPG

Yes, I talked to him last week about how he mounted the main brackets. I see he has remover the switch and there is no return spring in the hole on the brake arm. Maybe I could put a electric starter on it and hope I never have to kick it.

perhaps invent a folding brake pedal, to go along with the folding foot peg? It would be a PITA, but might work. Anyway, its a great start to a cool idea. Keep us updated.

Back