head scratcher (electrical)

cobrasneverdie

el guapo
Reaction score
Not sure why this started happening, I have a simplified electrical wiring harness I mad haha maybe not so simple. Anyways before I was able to turn the key on and the head light would go on. It's got a kill switch and a rear tail light not much else. Now when I flick the key the light will not go on, it's very faint. I can tell it's on because the headlight has this blue light that goes on. When I kick it it will fully go on however my tail light doesn't. My battery is good, when I charged it it was at 12 v and my bike starts. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this if anyone has an idea why this happens feel free to help me out.

Thanks

Not sure why this started happening, I have a simplified electrical wiring harness I mad haha maybe not so simple. Anyways before I was able to turn the key on and the head light would go on. It's got a kill switch and a rear tail light not much else. Now when I flick the key the light will not go on, it's very faint. I can tell it's on because the headlight has this blue light that goes on. When I kick it it will fully go on however my tail light doesn't. My battery is good, when I charged it it was at 12 v and my bike starts. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this if anyone has an idea why this happens feel free to help me out.

Thanks

I'm not clear as to how many ways you are starting the engine. You say you are kicking, and it appears you may also be using the starter motor.

If you are using the starter motor, connect a digital VOM to read voltage across the battery terminals. Use the starter motor to start the engine, and watch the volt meter to see how low the meter reads. If you see the voltage go down to 9 volts or less, it means your battery is dying and maybe dead as far as capacity is concerned.

Grounding might be the issue, ill check that out!
My starter has been deleted, I don't use it at all just a key switch, kill switch and kick only

I quickly went over it couldn't find anything unusual about the ground. I will take it to my budy who helped me wire everything.

Back