Headlight mount

Ccrider

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been looking at types of aftermarket headlights. With the new headlight having a stud at the bottom type mount, what is the best mount. Considering the rattle from vibration.
Also looking at other types that would use those universal fork ears, looking for feedback on them (are the ears nice or junk)?

A piece of angle stock.

Kent

SDC12974.jpg

i did mine the same way as kvanderploeg. I haven't got the bike running yet to test it but as long as you use either locktite or lockwashers and snug it down good you should be good to go.

Here's a combo of old and new parts. I used Mike's headlight ears (nice pieces) and a stock headlight bucket with an added voltmeter.

Attachments

• IMG_0955 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0955 (1024x768).jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_0957 (1024x768).jpg
    IMG_0957 (1024x768).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 444
Hey Kvanderploeg & Sillywhitekid... Where did you guys relocate the wiring nest that was in the original headlight?

I'm currently look for a bottom mount bracket myself. I saw some of these other mounts else where on here. I'm kinda suprised though with the engineering talents on here, that nobody has mass produced anything to sell yet. Does anybody have any other ideas besides general HD mounts?

I'm currently look for a bottom mount bracket myself. I saw some of these other mounts else where on here. I'm kinda suprised though with the engineering talents on here, that nobody has mass produced anything to sell yet. Does anybody have any other ideas besides general HD mounts?
this one is mine, it is just a chunk of aluminum with 3 holes drilled in it. Really simple to make, and it polishes up nicely.

mikesxs was out of the 34mm headlight bracket so i purchased mine from partsnmore.com

09-0017.jpg

then i bought a universal 7" headlight off ebay for $39

motorcycle-7-7-inch-chrome-round-headlight-universal-1068-p.jpg

i havent received the in the mail yet, but a friend who has a similar setup says they wont vibrate. If they do, you can buy the faucet rubber gaskets at homedepot and install those beetween the headlight brackets and the headlight

Just finished up a small batch of head light mounting brackets, laser cut 3/16 steel, stainless mounting hardware included.Ill get some pics up tomorrow.

Here is the Headlight bracket that I am just getting ready to put on the website. If you are interested send me an email info@pandemoniumc2.com

Bracket $19.99 + $5 Shipping

I also have a 4.5" Headlight that will go with this perfect! headlight is $34.99 + shipping

They are not on my website yet due to it is going through a serious overhaul right now we have lots of new parts getting ready to come out so keep checking back. Check my blog out
www.pandemoniumcustomchopper.blogspot.com
www.pandemoniumc2.com

DSC09339-1.jpg

DSC09349-1.jpg

DSC09131.jpg

Are you posting the pics on this thread?

Last edited:
Looks great dan! Too bad i already purchased a different setup. How much are you offering for the combo shipped?

Back