Hello from a new one and Greetings from Germany

hollywood

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I´m a new Member of this board and therefore at first a very friendly HELLO from Germany.
I´m 48 years, very interested in Motorbikes espacially from the 70´ies, restoring and rebuilding - my current projekt is a Street Tracker bases on a XS650.

after my research on this side I could not find detaild information about insert an swing armfrom a Zephyr into an XS650 frame ... does anyone habe details about this ?
Why this one? I like this square-look and the excenter...

I got one which is adapted to the XS-frame, but the achsle is too big and too short - do I have to build a one or are there others usable (which bike?)

What about the adpation of the drive sprocket and the damper / supension-legs?

Sorry for mistakes :) ... this forum is also a possibility to improve my english ... :bike:

THX a lot - hope to get some more information

Greetings from Germany.

Hollywood

Drive will most likely be a matter of making spacers to centre the rear wheel if using the original XS, if using the kwaka wheel you will need to measure everything carefully and perhaps modify to get chainline...more problematic will be the overall swingarm width and how that affects mounting the shocks

If using the KZ wheel be aware they use a 630 sprocket and chain, smallest rear sprocket i think is 38T...XS has 530/34 or 33T...

Greetings from the American Southwest. I had some great times in Germany. Lovely country!

Back