Hello From Minnesota

MNXS650

UH OH
Reaction score
Hey guys just picked up my first motorcycle its a 1977 xs650. I was looking for one for about a month till I found one that I thought would do the trick. picked it up for $200 with 9,XXX miles on the odometer. Its all stock (for now) but Im planning on making it into a bobber. Been looking around and I can tell I'm going to need some of your guys experience to help me along the way. I really cant wait to start chopping it up.

Welcome from Ham Lake..Did the same with an '81

Attachments

• m & t Chop.jpg
    m & t Chop.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 81..xs pic.jpg
    81..xs pic.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 156
I should have taken a pic before I took off the fenders and tank and such but if know what a 77 looks like in bountiful blue thats what it looked like before and here is how it sits now. The guy said he had it running two summers ago and last summer after he charged the bat. and put the seat on he said it started smoking. Well I found a melted fuse holder but he thought there was more and he started clipping wires and trying other crap when all he had to do was replace the fuse holder but like mentioned above I really don't mind cause its gonna be chopped up.

IMAG01441.jpg

Looks to be in pretty good shape. Much better than my $200 '77. Don't forget that the Donny smith bike show is this weekend at the x. You'll be able to see some other chopped xs's there usually.

If you're chopping then you'll likely use some HD part since they are cheap and plentiful. I like this swap meet more than most. Hella better than the one from that vintage bike show that have at the state fair grounds. Nothing vintage about that swap meet.

Welcome from MPLS. Bike looks like in god shape. Sure you want to chop it. Don't' mind me just the restorer in me. Good luck with the build.

Capt Zoom sounds like your right in my backyard. Robbinsdale is just across the street.

Welcome from Nordeast. Good luck with the bike. Those standards are great to cafe out too. Let's get everyone from the area to post in this thread, I know I could use some advice soon about my re-phase assembly.

The donnie smith show could have been better but the XS's that were there were decent. I couldn't find a thing at the swap meet. Let's get a real swap meet happening for us MinnesOta folks in the next couple weeks.

I wasn't impressed either. Saw a couple of cool xs's. One nice green one that looked more like a norton.

Is there anything you're looking for specifically. I got take off parts from two bikes and a spare set of '09 Honda Rebel shocks I'm looking to get rid of.

Whats up from farmington. Nice bike for $200! The 77s are my favorite. I saw two xs's in northfield yesterday. One of them had a nice usd fork set up on it, the other looked like it leaked from every gasket. Anyway, Good luck

Back