Hello From Va

Poverty

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ive been lurking the forum for a few days and figured I should make a introduction (as recomended by another member

so here it is ..

i started collecting parts for a bobber about 6 years ago .. random things here and there mostly from salvage yards or the random ebay score

which now has lead me to be the proud owner of 2 1/2 xs650s

One of which was one of those random ebay scores

( pic below) .. I got the bike for 900$ locally off ebay 81 special-II .. with plans to molest it with a sawsall .. but after getting it home .. I couldnt bring myself to cut it .. so Im going to cafe it :D which I think was also the previous owners plan

the others I grabbed like I said from random places .. a 82 special-II with no engine and a 78 with nothing but a frame and engine so the plan is to cut the 82 up and hardtail it ( I know how cliche right ,lol) then stuff the 78 engine in there .. there isnt much left of the 78 .. im using the frame for a engine stand and everything else from it is either for sale .. trash or has migrated into the 82

so here is a pic of my 81 soon to be cafe .. and a random pic of my little shop ( its not much but its mine hahahah ALL MINE !) you should be able to see the 82 on the bench and the 78 engine and frame under ..

other than that Im here to make friends learn new things and hopefully find some riding buddys

6540822091_c6466e644f_b.jpg

6540821123_bb002c2a8f_b.jpg

6540820825_a5d2a09c94_b.jpg

6540821755_ba245d6b3f_b.jpg

Hi to you in VA from TN.

I was born and raised in the south western part of VA and that's where I mostly accumulated the 29,000+ miles on my old 650. I just love the mountains there and still ride up around Mt. Rogers and White Top Mtn. as often as I can. Route 58 is my very fav road ever!

-R

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA.

We seem to be getting a good bunch of us in the area. Maybe this Summer we need to put together a meet-up at one of the local shows.

Rich

Back