Hello, my name is

DaveLoor

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello peeps, my name is Dave from the Netherlands
I will try to upload a pic.
I have a lot of questions, about the wire harness. Busy making one for a test run
I removed the original harness dru to some problems.
Talk to you guys.
Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-04-10-21-36.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-04-10-21-36.png
    361.5 KB · Views: 114
I will try to find more info there,
wire loom is in, cant run the bike, the handle bars can not hookup deu to different handlebar connections so I will look in to that how to hook them up
dont know were the handlebars are from

Welcome, Dave. If you have aftermarket bar switches, you can find out what wire does what with an ohm meter. Connectors may differ from the connectors in the harness, and that's easily fixed with F-crimp connectors and an F-type crimping tool. Straightening that stuff out is a lot like beating your head against the wall--sure it hurts, but it feels great when you get to stop.

Thnx grizld.Been busy just now.
Handlebar will be no problem.
What I discovered is there has been a lot of things on there that is from an other bike.
Most I got sorted out.
Can you tell me what is belongs is these 2 connectors ??

Attachments

• IMAG1084.jpg
    IMAG1084.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 67
Got the engine to turn.
Need to make more connections, mostly turnsignal.
But I can not figure out these upper 2 connectors.......
Any one an idea ??

Attachments

• IMAG1099.jpg
    IMAG1099.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 95
Euro SE........US Custom.......these bikes did differ from the US models and i think they retained the light checker, (US removed that in 80 on the 80SG but retained it on the 80G), and that used a 9 pin coupling. 7 wires on us models and 8 on euro models......... Going by the wiring diagram i got from a euro club site a 79 3L1 diagram points models........

If you have a separate Regulator and rectifier, (means you have points), then in all likelihood, you will have a light checker

Id the bike frame/engine no.....

80 US Custom 4G7....3L1-020101 and on
81 US Custom 5E6....3L1-040101
82 US Custom 5E6....3L1-050101

Back