Hello XS650 world

BadGrim

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been riding from the age of 9 and going to hit 40 this year! I have had several different bikes and currently driving a Spyder (yeah - I know, lol)
I have only recently peeked into the world of the xs650 chopper/bobbers, and I'm very interested. I have always wanted to build a bike from the ground up and always thought it would cost me a fortune to do so, I guess from watching OCC too much!!!
I thought about buying a completed 650 bobber, and drove one a guy had for sale over the weekend. Thought it was great fun. I'm pretty sure I'm going to not buy a finished bike and start at ground zero.
I found a guy with a some engines and other parts, and will probably dive in.
my only question would be: I'm a novice wrench, and it seems like the builds are pretty easy to get done. I know any build has its challenges, but the 650's seems pretty easy to breakdown and rebuild. would this be a correct statement?

yes they are easy if you have some mechanical know how just make sure you get a frame with a good title be you start and have it in your name be for starting the build save your self a big head ack:doh: and build what you like not what every one on here likes and have fun...:thumbsup:

Back