Hello!

Seattle51

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, thought I'd introduce myself since I finally bought my first xs650 and will most likely be imposing my silly questions upon ya'll at some point.

This is my first xs650, but not my first classic build. I've got a 70 cb450 that I've had for about 6 years now and since its mostly done (are they ever REALLY done?) have been looking for a new project. My CB is a cafe build and I've been wanting to hardtail something for a while and found the xs to be the perfect platform.

I just bought my 82 yesterday for $500! Its a little rough around the edges, but everything works, no leaks, electrical looks a little shoddy but seems to be working fine at this point. I rode it home last night and in comparison to my little Honda 450 this thing sounds great and has ALOT more bottom end torque and power. Its a cruiser for sure! I've started doing some simple vin checks to see what I've got.

Anywho, just wanted to say hi and to say thanks in advance for dealing with my silly questions. Now, lets see if I can post a couple pictures!

Scott

Attachments

• scaled.jpg
    scaled.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 81
Ahoy, hoy!! greetings from shelton!!
Nice bike!. show us your 450.
I trying to pry a cb650 from a friend, he should post shortly....Hooligans!!!

Holy smokes there's a bunch of Washingtonians on this site! How bout this summer guys? Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow? Seems like I've been saying that since April...

Qtip, start the dibs process now, this things gettin torn down to the frame soon!

Blowtorch, I hit up bike nite in Ballard every third Wednesday of the month. Any of you guys ever show up there?

I'll pull the CB out of the garage tomorrow and post up a couple pics for ya'll to check out.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Hey guys, couple pics of the CB and the steed shed

Enjoy!

Attachments

• side1.jpg
    side1.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 48
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 61
  • steedshed.jpg
    steedshed.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 77
Yeah, its not a side hinge seat, and has some weird c bracket welded onto to too. And honestly it looks a lot nicer in the picture than it does in person.

Back