Helmets with roached liner

Borracho

XS650 Noob
Reaction score
Was wondering if anybody has any experience with relining helmets. I have a couple really nice full face Nolans (early 2000's I believe) but the liner inside is falling apart revealing the white Styrofoam around the shell. I hate to toss them because on the outside they are nearly perfect. Guy threw them in with the bike I purchased. I was going to sell them on CL but now I'm wondering if it's even worth doing. Do people buy helmets that need new liners? I personally would not but I have a thing about buying helmets brand spanking new. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

I can't say I replace my lid every 5 years as manufacturers and SNELL suggest, but I do think there is something to the idea that the styrofoam breaks down over time. Think of any old piece of white styrofoam that's been sitting around for a few years and how it gets weak and friable. I'd say time to relegate those to loaners for when your mother in law rides with you.

Thanks for the info guys. I was mainly wondering if I should even bother posting them for sale on CL. Don't necessarily want to wear them myself but they are taking up room in the garage and I hate to just dumpster them. I could always make something "artsy" out of them if nothing else.

I have seen them used as hanging flower pots. Not a very good suggestion at this time on year in the northern hemisphere, sorry.

Back