Help! 81 special sparks once.

Hey Friends,
Thank you all for your help and advice..Here’s and update on my 81 with the spark issue: Acting on Jim’s advice we decided to check my TPI. Jim kindly sent me a Gonzo and Pigtail which fixed the spark issue. To make a short story long, other electrical gremlins popped up in the fuse box and starter relay as I attempted to assemble the rest of the bike for a test fire. Today the bike started and ran on the Gonzo. Some fine tuning is definitely in order, but that’s real progress! Thanks Jim and everyone whose helped me. Without this forum, I don’t believe I ever would have gotten her started.

Hey Friends,
Thank you all for your help and advice..Here’s and update on my 81 with the spark issue: Acting on Jim’s advice we decided to check my TPI. Jim kindly sent me a Gonzo and Pigtail which fixed the spark issue. To make a short story long, other electrical gremlins popped up in the fuse box and starter relay as I attempted to assemble the rest of the bike for a test fire. Today the bike started and ran on the Gonzo. Some fine tuning is definitely in order, but that’s real progress! Thanks Jim and everyone whose helped me. Without this forum, I don’t believe I ever would have gotten her started.
Don’t throw away your TCI. They can usually be repaired. I’m happy you’ve come to a proper diagnosis.

Glad it's figured out. Marty has the name of a guy that fixes the TCI boxes.... Marty?

I need you to pass that test rig along to the next guy waiting. I'll PM you his address.

Back