help- broke down!!!

wacko

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey all,

On my way to work today which is about 60 miles from where I live my bike was running great then while cruising down the highway at 70mph it started sputtering and missing like I was running out of gas. I have lots of gas. I managed to make the last few miles to work with it running like that it is slightly better in lower rpms but still not great. I need to ride it home tonight so any help would be much appreciated

Try popping your gas cap off and see if it gets any better. And, make sure you are getting gas to the bowls.
Mine just did the same thing recently and it turned out to be a bad rotor.
Check your brushes. They should be longer than 1/4 to 3/8 inches. While you have them out check the rotor's ohms. Should read around 5.5 ohms. Check for loose connections.

What year is your bike, and what ignition and charging system do you have? You can unplug your headlight if your not riding at night to save some power. I think you can unplug one of the brushes also. But I am not sure.

Turns out it was just a broken wire in my electrics box. The wire running from the key to the fuse box. It must have been touching but bouncing at higher rpms

Back