help w seat rail design

Ngreen

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do not have access to photoshop and im not very good at it so i just did these in paint. i do not know which design fits better. idk whether i want to go with the rounded seat rails or the more squared one. what do you think fits the bike better?

bike 1 round.jpg

bike 2 square.jpg

That is what I was thinking. I just can't figure out whether to make my rails follow the curve of the backbone that shows or try to tie it into the curve of the tank somehow. Anyone have a suggestion

Aesthetically speaking, I think the prominent lines are those of the tank (and a nice one at that). The backbone is mostly hidden. I would definitely follow the tank lines.

Ya I love that tank. Which line do you suggest I follow? The line on the back curves back to the front and the top and bottom are relatively flat. Maybe try to replicate the curve in the front of the tank? I could kind of give it an s shape if I replicate the top curve upside down? If anyone understand my sketchy explanation do u think that is plausible?

I just installed the Visual impact kit and I really like how it turned out, I followed the backbone for the most part as, to me, even if the backbone is covered, the line from the neck to the visible portion of the backbone where it connects with the seat rails still conveys the angle of the backbone. But that might just be my ocd...:)

seat rails.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality, grabbed it with my cell phone.

Back