help with boyer please

one black wire to the neg on the coil
It concerns me when you say "one black wire" as if you have more than one black wire.. There is only one wire on the negative side of the coil. It runs to the black wire going to the Micro box. That wire goes nowhere else.

mi bike is an 81 with t ci ignition ,i have a double connector that has red/white and orange wire that went to the stock coil setup.

20201006_113751.jpg
20201006_113751.jpg
20201006_113751.jpg

i have no spark ,i am using only my kickstarter my starter is not working now .the bike has started up and ran good a few week back .but now it wont start.my volt tester with light shows power to the coil.

i'm going to go back and check my wire connections to the micro box and the coil.i may have a bad wire somewhere. thanks for your imput

If the white wire in your pic is the white from the Boyer Micro box I would extend it all the way back to the negative battery post. The ground for the box is as important as any other wire. A lot of problems end up being grounding problems.
Good lucks
upload_2020-10-7_7-44-20.png

Don't mean to hijack, but I'm having similar problem. Replaced the coil, blue box, battery, ground strap, stator -- still no spark. Just checked my coil wires to spark plug -- setting on ohms, expecting to get zero reading, instead I get ~5.12, on both wires. ??
I have some replacement kits, so I guess I'll start on that...

Back