HELP! won't rev past 3k RPM

Wizard of Smiles

Retro Rookie Rider
Reaction score
The bike will start and idle fine.

I just replaced my Charging Rotor and Fuse box w/ Blades.
Drove 40 Miles and while I was riding it started to Bog down and not rev to 3k. I made it home changed the oil.
Carbs have been removed and cleaned. The slide on the carbs move freely and lift when I rev.

PLEASE HELP!!!! I just got this bike, I love the few times I've been able to ride it , but it's just little thing after little thing.. First the charging system, now whatever this is.

Posted via Mobile

i had this happen to me and it was my brushes. see what kind of voltage your getting while it running and as you rev it up.

Ive been working on this bike with WoS and after reading around on the forum, im leaning towards the eGay new stator. Will swap it back to the old bad one this weekend and see. Hopefully he can get his money back!

^I don't think it would matter unless it broke off...

At the end of the torque specs in the manual there's a generic guide to torques per width of the nut. Be aware it's too tight for fork bolts though.

There's strong disk magnet you can get at Radio Shack. Some people have placed them on top of the rotor magnet and fixed a problem like y'all are seeing. Apparently the rotor magnets can weaken and maybe those bad rotors get sold on ebay to get rid of them. Time and especially heat can undo magnets. Not saying it's your problem, but it's a cheap experiment.

Well, we installed the old rotor and sure enough it revs up now. So we jb welded one of the rare earth magnets from Radioshack onto the new rotor. Should be installed in the morning, will report back on the success.

Back