Hey all... Here's my 81 Heritage chop build.

vonyinzer

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, awhile back I had a fun little XS chop but had to sell it unfortunatly. So fast forward a bit, and a few bikes later I finally picked up a donor bike for a new chop. Its an 81 Heritage model. All there except for forks and was only a couple hundred bucks. This is the only pic I have of the day I picked it up:

20130802_220822.jpg

So... I got it home to PA from MD. Motor looks great. Clean, and the carbs are in terrific shape. Ill get some good pics next time I can get to the garage.

Now comes the part I hate... The money spending part. Haha...

I ordered the MonsterCraftsman/VoodooVintage MK21 hardtail. Looks killer, and dare I say... Of a higher quality than some of its competition.

A fella over on another forum I frequent happen to be selling an unused P-Nut tank from Lowbrow at a HUGE doscount so I snagged that up. At the same time I got a message from another guy saying his new project came with a like new black solo seat that I could have for shipping. Effin' a.

So, after recieving all that goodness another buddy threw a set of Norman Hyde M Bars my way and my "build kit" was underway.

Since then I've grabbed a bunch of small stuff, but due to two jobs and a wife, haven't had time to do much of anyfuckinthing to the bike itself. That's changing next week though.

Oh, and I just picked up a 78 parts bike (sight unseen) that turned out to be a bit nicer than expected for $75.

Well... I suppose that's about it for now. Next up, lots of cutting and welding and whatnot. Thanks for letting me hang around. Oh, and for what it's worth, the plan is to end up with a bare bones 70s style short chop. Good old fashioned trouble maker. And I really need it done and done right over winter because I plan on joining up with a bunch of Alabama loonys next spring as they ride from BHam to Toronto ON with a bunch of cool stops in between. :bike:

Guess I should update this... Haha. Got the hardtail welded up a few weeks ago. Some things have changed from the original plan (as usual). Have a few more things to weld up on the frame (tank and fender mounts) and a few more parts to scrounge up but it's coming together. Last mock up pic:

20130905_164814.jpg

I have a different seat on the way. Should be cool. Still need to find another FZR front rotor and a chain tensioner. Then I can start on paint and body before final assembly, blah blah blah...

Back