Holy Shipping Extortion, Batman!

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Got a pair of Tourmaster riding pants that are WAY too big for me. My bad, I screwed up when I ordered them.

Put them up for sale, guy in Calgary wanted them, offered me $100 if I shipped them at my cost.

Package weight a hair over 5 pounds, shipping came to $57 in round figures.

Nope. Nuh-uh. Not happening. On the Nope Train to Screwthatville.

I wear a 38/32 jeans and the overpants fit me like a tent. If one of you larger folks on THIS side of the border are interested, I'll cut ya a deal on them...

Sad truth today; anything bigger than a priority mail padded envelope is exorbitant internationally.

I bought a pair of riding pants because I wanted to try full body protection for commuting. I already wear all the other gear so why not. But here in this oven I call home, I was sweating my balls off, so back to jeans. Then I tried a pair of Kevlar lined jeans. They felt like they had a wool blanket on the inside and they were so thick and puffy I looked like the Stay Puffed Marshmallow man…..and still sweated my balls off. :eek:
So….just jeans it is.

Forget what the cost was but on May 6, 2021 wife mailed an envelope with one 8.5X14 sheet of paper in it via certified mail, one where the person who gets it has to sign for it. Not sure the price but think it was something like $20. This was a copy of the land survey we had done for our property and the property next to ours. The letter was mailed from central NY to BC, Canada. It took from that May 6th till July 17th to get there!

Going by the tracking information it went from Syracuse NY to Buffalo then to Long Island, NY. Then it must have sat there for a long time before it finally cleared customs some place and started the trip north of the border! Wife got to be on first name basis with lady at local Post Office while they tried to figure out the problem, but never did!

Forget what the cost was but on May 6, 2021 wife mailed an envelope with one 8.5X14 sheet of paper in it via certified mail, one where the person who gets it has to sign for it. Not sure the price but think it was something like $20. This was a copy of the land survey we had done for our property and the property next to ours. The letter was mailed from central NY to BC, Canada. It took from that May 6th till July 17th to get there!

Going by the tracking information it went from Syracuse NY to Buffalo then to Long Island, NY. Then it must have sat there for a long time before it finally cleared customs some place and started the trip north of the border! Wife got to be on first name basis with lady at local Post Office while they tried to figure out the problem, but never did!
Customs was doing a 3 week cooties hold on everything going cross the border?

bought a whole lot of parts from india , replica parts for my douglas project , been sitting in india since july 13 , for 2 weeks company never even told me parts had been returned to them , 3 boxes all up , after 3 msgs asking finally told me india air isnt flying to australia at the moment due to the virus and also the courier wouldnt deliver to a po box ...even though in the past have been sent by them to my po box with no trouble .. then said if i could buy a small item with my street address the address would be changed on the other 3 boxes and i would receive every thing in 9-10 days.. did so , a 12 buck item i didnt really need . then got a notification that the small item was stuck due to no postal service ..AHHHHH ... and this is a large ebay shop on ebay with a good rep ... if only they didnt have all the parts i need id be chasing a refund :wtf::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: edit .... now cairns in nth qld in 3 day lock down with a expected extension to come ... taxi driver driving around cairns for 10 days while infected and his whole family is infected as well ...ahhhh ....

Last edited:
Back