Homemade Drag Pipes

Ghetto

Bob it!
Reaction score
Finally snapped a pic of my 16 dollar drag pipes! Sound and look great!

326050_4295745030988_1549733999_o.jpg

621794_4295741670904_948415954_o.jpg

Yamaharley dripping oil :laugh:

me thinks they need lolly pops. and tighten you drive sprocket. the seal behind it leaks when they are loose.

They are fairly loud. Slightly obnoxious off throttle at high rpm but that can be solved by riding a little different. On throttle and idle sound very nice.

I bought some 2" X 18" exhaust pipe at the local AdvanceAuto and I am doing the same thing... I cut the old mufflers off and with the inner pipes still remaining I cut opposing V's alternating down the length of the pipe and knocked them into the pipe in order to create a baffle... When I get the chance I will take some pics before adding the 2" pipe and wrapping from the connection point forward...

I basically made these with the inner pipe that sticks out from the stock head pipes :
detail_1329_universal-exhaust-pipe-baffles-motorcycle-photo-1.jpg

I wasn't really worried about the loud factor as I was having to rejet the carbs for straights... That can be a very delicate balancing act that I don't have the budget for at this time... Plus I am having to track down Z2 needle jets for my BS38s and I am finding them to be very elusive ( Mike's XS says they are on back order and I have tried other places with no luck )... The PO destroyed one of the needle jets futzing around with the carbs and didn't find out until I started to clean them...

Anyway keep up the good work and thanks for posting the vid :)

Last edited:
Back