honda didn,t want casey tooooooo retire!!!!!!!

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys,,, i was reading up on the honda web site and a talk by the managing director of honda,,,, where he went to the directors for approval for the highest paid salary ever offered to any employee of honda... ,,,,it was rumured to be worth more than rossi,,, 35million ,,,, ,,they didn,t want him to retire,,, ,,,colin /casey,s father and manager said it was true that the new contract was exceptionally high ,,,,but casey,s mind was made up ..alot of it has to do with new complex rules ,,, limiting factures ,,etc,,, ,,he did say if they opened up the ruls etc.. then he might look at coming out of retirement ...regards oldbiker

Casey Stoner is insane. Or magic. The young man made up his mind. He's a new dad, does not like MotoGP politics, and does not care for the "computer guy" having more of his testing time than the "suspension guy"
He's a very sharp toungued and to the point type too. Last year when Valentino Rossi cleaned him out on the opening lap of the race, Rossi ran over to the garage to apologize to Casey, and Casey Stoner said "obviously your ambition outweighed your talent" Absolute classic. He will be missed, but Dorna won't turn the page on electronics. I fear for World Superbike, now that the money conglomerate that owns both series has named Dorna to manage both. WSB is the better show. 6 manufacturers, 8 different winners this year, and 5 of 6 manufacturers won a race. Honda, Aprilia, Ducati, BMW, Kawasaki. Championship decided by 1/2 of a point. It don't get no closer!
Also, a couple hundred companies around the world would pay 10 times that much for an omnibus cure for cancer. 35 Million covers less than 100 cancer patients that don't survive treatment attempts. It is a true money monster.

Fuck Dorna. WSBK is the better show. GP needs to take some steps backwards. Stoner has clearly said he hates the way GP is now.

Totally agree. WSB is the best racing series for entertainment on the planet. I.O.M. TT a very close second, but it only lasts a week.
GP was great at the dawn of the 4-stroke era, all the way up till the 800's came along, then it got silly, but 2000-2005, good stuff.

Hopefully WSB will stay awesome, and not have the rules jacked with like some crazy social experiment. Obviously, the rule book is right when 2nd tier teams can still win, and get to the podium. That's parity to me. GP is a cold war. You just have to out-spend everyone, and Honda and Yamaha are the only ones interested. With the electronics controlling traction, braking, fueling, fuel economy, ignition curves, etc, the "operator" is relegated to pointing and twisting the loud handle. On a missle, yes, but so much of the skill has been relegated to the computer.

Back