Hoos Racing

Jack

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Heard through the grapevine that Gary from Hoos Racing will be hanging the hat up for retirement and that day when it comes will be a sad one for XS community,( Gary sells top quality parts not like some) as Probe ignition is calling it quits and 650 Central might be in the same boat if no ones buys that company.

I sure hope not!

Gary Hoos "almost" moved to Florida last year, but plans changed.

If I wasn't "tied down" I'd move to where 650 central is headquartered in a heart beat!

:wtf:I think you have been smelling to many XS650 fumes. :banghead:You are 2.5 hours south of The Mecca! Ok,Ok, my Mecca!!!!

Guys, if you're not willing to pay a bit more for quality services and premium goods, you're going to lose them. It's that simple. If you pride yourself on how cheaply you can buy, keep that in mind.

I can't convince my wife Florida is the place to be .. good or bad I will be in business for a long time it looks like. Thank you all for your business and good feed back. Gary

I keep wanting to pull the trigger on your iggy/charging system. But the cheap gene has been winning so far. Didja see hughes is bringing out a crank triggered iggy?

Prices have gone down as I am the dealer now.. if you or anyone want on the next order I can add a few extra (prepay).. I posted one other time If I don't have to stock them for a year and people pay up front brings the cost way down. I sent a 277 one to Hugh to try as I have not drank the cool aid and still like old ways. But the standard one is great and never had a problem in the 7+ years I used and sold them. Later Gary

hooser- coastal FL is a real mixed bag... you can ride all year but the riding is traffic choked and the only fun is getting the hole shot after a 3 minute light. these old air cooled bikes are not well suited to that. certainly sharpens your urban riding skills though, and your bike had better idle well. northern FL probably has more open road.

Here in Florida we joke about having 360 good riding days, 5 interesting corners and no hills. Now in Western NC I don't think there is a road that isn't fun.

Back