Hot rod cafe project

nickmo

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just wanted to share my project with you guys. It's been a work in progress for about 2 1/2 years (some real slackin goin on in my garage). Anyways it's a '79 special with an 18" rear from a 74 I believe. The tank is off of a CB200 and the rear cowl is off the shelf.

I put a 30 tooth on the rear, lowered the front through the triples, new grips, throttle, headlight ears, dual sport tires, led brake lights just under the cowl, wired it up, welded a battery box horizontal under the seat, got a gel battery, rebuilt the carbs, got some high pipes from ardcore, and painted everything satin black rust primer.

I was planning on giving it an actual paint job but It'll just have to wait until this winter, I gotta get to riding it.

I really wish I had pics from throughout the build to show you all, but the thread I had going on at do the ton stopped showing pictures and I don't have any duplictes due to a drive crash.

Anyways, I hope you like like it.

Here's a video from about two weeks ago.

http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49/icepik11/?action=view&current=VIDEO0002.mp4

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 179
  • bike4.jpg
    bike4.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 186
  • bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 204
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 245
Angus,
I don't have much to compare it to but i feel like I have to lean fairly hard into turns. It may be due to the lack of leverage from the clipons also. Compared to my last street bike, a 76 kz400, its a marked improvement in every way. its probably twice as fast.

I appreciate the compliments guys.

Back