How can you fit an Oil cooler and external oil filter?

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Saw a picture some time back of a xs650 with a screw in oil filter fixed to the front frame brace plate ?
How easy is it to fit a screwin type filter ? and could I fit an oil cooler to my xs650 at the same time ?

dayum I'm a lazy git .....I see that both topics are well covered in the tech section.... sorry ....

i must use the search facility before posting ...
i must use the search fac..........

LOL, pics of what you do. Can't really see a reason for an oil cooler in merry old England???

we probably don't need one most of the time but occasionally we do get something called 'Summer' although we didn't see the phenomena this year alas .:D

thanks scrambled . i'll take a look at Heiden's website.

I cannot stop playing this youtube video of a bike at Heiden Engineering lately. The sound of that engine is sheer poetry.

Sounds great! Wonder what all has been done? But, wondering why it's not tied down (people do lose control of bikes, especially if they decide to lock up!) and there does not seem to be any fans. Just sayin.

the front wheel is clamped. but the platform that guys on is a bit narrow. one foot is barely on. no idea about why ther seems to be no fans. but i reckon since we cant see air move, they might be there.

Back