How do you feel about this >

That being said, some of those guys have an amazing amount of talent... it's just the wrong place.
As you say.:)
As for the trailies in the city , bloody idiots,hopefully they'll wipe themselves out before any innocent roadusers get hurt.
P.S. Are all trail/dirtbikes banned there or just these illegals?

as long as you get them properly inspected and such you can have any dirtbike on the street .. I live in a good sized college city and there are guys riding moto's all the time .. i even contemplated selling my XS over the winter fave of one for transportation

Keep working. Idiots like these need you to pay for their un-insured (vehicle and health) asses. I'm sick and tired on my tax dollars paying to fix these turds when they wreck.
Now, they may have insurance, but I seriously doubt it.

"as long as you get them properly inspected and such you can have any dirtbike on the street .. I live in a good sized college city and there are guys riding moto's all the time .. i even contemplated selling my XS over the winter fave of one for transportation" -Poverty

In CA they won't allow any bike with an off-road title to be reg'd for on-road use. The only loophole would be if the bike was plated in another state, such as yours, then sold here. I know there are plenty of good options as far as street legal dualsports but I've always wanted to plate a 2stroke mx bike to get around in the city.

"as long as you get them properly inspected and such you can have any dirtbike on the street .. I live in a good sized college city and there are guys riding moto's all the time .. i even contemplated selling my XS over the winter fave of one for transportation" -Poverty

In CA they won't allow any bike with an off-road title to be reg'd for on-road use. The only loophole would be if the bike was plated in another state, such as yours, then sold here. I know there are plenty of good options as far as street legal dualsports but I've always wanted to plate a 2stroke mx bike to get around in the city.

That sucks .. So those 2 stroke bobbers on youtube either have a neck job .. or have been paper'd and brought in .... thats so stupid .. but just about anything DMV related is ... wonder what there justification for that is ??

Here in the Great Satan, true dirt bikes are sold as 'off the road use only' vehicles. That gets them around a lot of emissions and safety stuff the Feds decree as necessary. The VIN specs it as an off road only vehicle.

So when a lot of people started building serious dual sports out of real dirt bikes in Cali etc the Feds pitched a bitch, threatened to cut off highway funds to the states unless the converted bikes were made to meet the street standards. That was prohibitively expensive so a lot of that has gone away, unfortunately. IIRC Nevada still allows the registration of true dirt bikes and ATVs for road use but that's about it.

The bikes in that vid were not licensed or registered for street use. No headlights, taillights, etc. Just plain outlaw. I'm thinking those guys were dope dealers etc just out pissing away their excess disposable cash. Did you catch the blue/yellow bike? It even had yellow tires.

Just imagine if they actually used their quite obvious skills on the moto x track - instead of the street..??

My neighbor is a former Baltimore City cop. I grew up 40 minutes outside of there. Those bikes were not bought legally I can tell you that. My neighbor worked in narcotics for 20 years and said they don't even process the bikes they find 'cuz there are so many. They would leave them where they found them. Cars yes, dirt bikes no. I've seen them laying on the sidewalks before. Cops don't even do anything about it. Of course you don't want to stop and ask about it either.

Yeah, but Darwin's not cleansing the gene pool fast enough, dammit. These idiots need to remove themselves from the eqation before they are old enough to reproduce. 'Idiocracy', anyone?

Eh. When we were younger we would cut across roads and sometimes ride our ATVs a mile or two down the road to the next trail.

Of course this wasn't in center city New York...

~ Derek

That streetfighterz video was from St. Louis. Those guys are out stunting in heavy traffic all the time. Amazing to watch, but spooky when they are pulling wheelies inches from your car. A guy passed me on his front wheel sitting side saddle once while a guy with his girl on the back did a wheelie past the other side. Both were splitting lanes in 50mph rush hour traffic.

Ass Clowns getting too much attention drawn to bikes. When I decide to fuck off on the bike, I go out in the back roads, between cotton fields, nowhere near a house or business, and sometimes my friends are there. We watch traffic for each other so you can ass around without worrying about being a hood ornament. Don't mean it's safe for us, but at least uninterested and uninvoloved persons are not threatened. And we sure as hell don't record our jackassery and post it on Y-tube.

Back