How do you polish the valve cover?

Farm and fleet sells them probably many others, Farm and Fleet sells them on line also. They come in several styles and sizes the type shown has a 1/4" mandrel so yo just chuck em in a cheap electric drill. A little water or LOL paint thinner helps They last forever and ever. I bet I have 3 or 4 hours of time on my blue one.

K.... I just failed internet search 101. Can you guide me to a link?:doh:

Harbor Freight has them now. Unfortunately, these don't work in a die grinder. It spins too fast and the bristles melt, lol.

Lots of good discussion on the 3M Scotch-Brite a Roloc discs here. I drove all over town today looking for the Blue discs. Although an auto body shop was out of stock, I was able to take an image of the relevant page in their catalog, so I thought it might be of value on this thread.

At NAPA, I bought a box of 3M Roloc Blue discs at $1.20 per disc. Apparently, I lucked into them being on sale today. The blues worked great to remove spoke marks and scratches on my rear wheel hub. Initially tried the brown discs - way too aggressive. This was before I learned that blue and gray are best for aluminum...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Back