How do you react when someone almost kills you?

After years of riding and driving truck for a living I just assume everyone on the road other an me is an idiot and drive accordingly LOL

After having spent 28 years in trucking I'm inclined to agree. And that includes the other truck drivers I barely missed along the way.

It took less then a year of trucking for me to learn that! A friend of mine in rochester was riding his ironhead chopper on the highway. Guy got on and forced him all the way onto the far shoulder. There was a cop car stopped in the left lane and a car pulled over on hte shoulder. He barely squeezed through and tore a chunk off the cop car and wrecking his footpeg in the process. The cops saw it all and apologised for not catching the guy. My buddy is ready to give up riding now.... I almost got creamed the other day buy some dumb twat pulling out in front of me. she stopped and I was able to swerve around giving her the finger in the process.

Unless you are in the Hells Angels, getting even with others is not a safe thing to do.

I like that a MC can do a lot more with the road so I use as much as possible, I expect everyone to kill me, I use brights on my headlight when I think they cannot see me to help get attention and as noted above 'Slow Down'.

I learned in Golf that the more pissed you are the worse of a golfer you are. Same riding a MC. Cooler heads prevail. Also swinging as hard as you can will make you slice. Unless you are Tiger Woods. Anybody here ride as well as Kenny Roberts? I know I don't, I ride like shit.

After years of riding and driving truck for a living I just assume everyone on the road other an me is an idiot and drive accordingly LOL

I agree... driving a big F650 every day and working on the highways every day im always on my toes and eyes scanning everything I can take in.

ProSimex I just had that happen to me two weekends back I was on my SV and a Teenage girl and her friend just pulled right out in front of me lucky for me I made it around them but I still have the paint off her front bumper on my muffler

Its not the cars that will kill you:
"State Patrol Lt. Mike Turcott, who reviews every single accident report involving a motorcycle, said that out of 53 fatal accident reports he reviewed for 2009, just five listed an automobile driver at fault. In one instance, both the motorcyclist and a car driver were equally at fault."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/arti...-in-Washington-state-896842.php#ixzz1WXLPo9II

Its not the cars that will kill you:
"State Patrol Lt. Mike Turcott, who reviews every single accident report involving a motorcycle, said that out of 53 fatal accident reports he reviewed for 2009, just five listed an automobile driver at fault. In one instance, both the motorcyclist and a car driver were equally at fault."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/arti...-in-Washington-state-896842.php#ixzz1WXLPo9II

He's right. The majority of fatal accidents involving motorcycles don't even involve cagers. Like it or not, most fatal motorcycle accidents involve various mixtures of inexperience, drunkenness and stupidity.

It has always amazed me that an old lady can swerve because she sees a frog or something in the road but cant see a 400+ pound bike. Add in Barbie and her friends texting in Mommys SUV... Things that make you go Yikes !!!!!

hi i was riding around my little country town ,,,kaniva australia pop 900,,, i was doing about 20k enjoying the silence,, and this old guy decided to do a right turn into his drive way ,,,,but he stopped half way to wave to an old lady across the road,,, as i wear a full face helmet i cut loose swearing at him ,,it did ease me abit ...regards oldbiker

I can't believe that some states in the US allow riding without a helmet. Yea i know freedom and all that, but statistics are used againt motorcyclists all the time to increase regos or to try to remove motor bikes from the road.

I had a 92 year-old lady make an illegal left turn in front of me and she thought she had the right away. Now that is dangerous. Bless her soul, she lost her license and died a year afterwards. It was a very hot day and I was more concerned with her health than my injuries. I got her in the shade and calmed her down. My bike was totaled. (2006 KLR)

I can't believe that some states in the US allow riding without a helmet. Yea i know freedom and all that, but statistics are used againt motorcyclists all the time to increase regos or to try to remove motor bikes from the road.

yet, seat belts are mandatory lol...

Texas few years ago helmets where mandatory, then depending on your insurance coverage or life insurance you could ride with out a helmet. I honestly dont remember the exact details.

I had a 92 year-old lady make an illegal left turn in front of me and she thought she had the right away. Now that is dangerous. Bless her soul, she lost her license and died a year afterwards. It was a very hot day and I was more concerned with her health than my injuries. I got her in the shade and calmed her down. My bike was totaled. (2006 KLR)

Tony is a very nice guy!

Back