How long til you know your rebuild went well?

I can definetly say i just rode mine for a 4 hours last sat. Doing s bunch of engine braking and a little giver here and there. And it definetly has good compression. I havent used a tester...but no doubt when you put it to tdc before you start it....definetly more than 90...90 seems very low...even not broken in.

Hi UCXS,
you know your rebuild went well for looks when it shows up in the list calendar.
And you know it went well for performance after it's gone 100 miles and nothing fell off it.
But you are talking about a top-end overhaul.
Don't sweat the low compression numbers until it's done a few hundred miles and then jam the carbs wide open or even take them off before doing the test.

man It's one of those things I wish I didn't so much.. I wish I didn't even have a compression gauge. The bikes doesn't have plates so I've been breaking it in through neighborhoods and I think that could be a problem.. Might need to throw on the plates from the cb650..lol

I wish I didn't even have a compression gauge.

Have a friend with a different tester for comparison???

1st pic: Easy to hold on to, not easy to keep tight in the cylinder

2nd pic: Worth its weight in gold :twocents:

Attachments

• crappy comp tstr.jpg
    crappy comp tstr.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 91
  • adequate comp tstr.jpg
    adequate comp tstr.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 90
I figured since the wet test read at 160 it wouldn't be the gauge No harm in buying a second set though.. and yeah I only use the threaded gauges.. good insight though thanks.

Back