How much should I pay?

benjammin

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, new to the site. I have a quick question.

How much should I pay for a restored 1980 xs650. A guy had it professionally redone in a cafe racer style, and I would like to get a few estimates on how much I should pay. All I know about the restoration is it has a custom paint job, frame and tank, hand built battery box, custom bars, had stitched seat (black leather with red stitching), and custom exhaust. The bike looks sick. It has about 12,000 miles on it. The picture is not good quality but it's the only one I have.

Throw out a figure. Thanks.

Attachments

• cafe.jpg
    cafe.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 128
I would go $1,500 on it. You aren't really giving us a lot to go on though. But that's my figure for what I see in the pic.

My apologies, I don't have much to go on myself. I'm sure most people on this forum have a better idea on what it's worth than me so I had to ask. I do have to say this bike is pretty close to what I have been looking for. I just don't want to overpay. Any input will help, thanks.

Well if it has a Pamco or PMA or mods to the engine that could make the price go up. It is a clean looking little cafe and looks like they put some work into the engine with polishing. What are they asking?

2500 seems to be the average price on these bikes near stock condition this year.

Very hard to say from the pic and your info. "A guy had it professionally redone" can mean a gem or a hack-job.

If it's mechanically well sorted, the paint is nicely done, it has good rubber and other consumables, that price is pretty fair IMO. If it meets those criteria he won't have a hard time selling it in this market.

If I had to guess, this guy did a budget build and probably did most of the work himself. He did a good job, but I don't see anything spectacular and I see pretty much everything stock. I personally wouldn't pay more than $1,500 but I know there are people out there who would probably give $2,000 for it.

$1500 is last years prices, unless you get lucky, you are not going to find a decent bike for much less.

Back