How much would this cost where you are?

highspeedhamish

Too much power?
Reaction score
I always hate swallowing the bill for chrome.. but I gotta think sometimes Im getting over charged... what do you think you would have to pay for this?

2 carb tops, carb link bracket, rear brake caliper mount all in chrome. Misc carb brackets all in cad silver. Tax in was 260.00 :banghead:

Attachments

• chromerape (Medium).jpg
    chromerape (Medium).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 204
Good Chrome ain't cheap, that seems about right... Hell, I was quoted $300 just for a sissybar a while back, so I just made it in stainless instead...

You could have bought a kit from Caswells and done it yourself. I have thought about it but haven't tried it. Last time I had chroming done was back in the 70's LOL

Last edited:
Yep, chrome ain't cheap. Nowhere around here that does it. My mentor back in So. Jersey sends his stuff down south somewhere....I didn't pay attention to where after I heard the prices.
G, might be an interesting venture.

gggGary: I would like to be able to do it myself.. but I live in an apartment so no dice :(

Hugh et all. Thanks for making me feel better.. lol!

I think my chrome bill for this thing is 1800 or so... I think ??? Im finished with chrome now.. power and paint are the only 2 processes left to complete.

Chrome powder looks like crap anyway. You have to clear it or it will fade and the clear makes it look like its galvanized.
Your prices aren't far off for a good chrome service.

chrome powder coat is more like a really shiny silver I always try to talk people out of it. I think I have made my money back on my powder coating set up, after about a year of just doing what ever came my way in my spare-spare time. not bad and I have powder coated every piece on my bike for essentially free. Move outta that apartment!

This is the best I have ever gotten Chrome powder coat to come out

Attachments

• Street tacker build 015.jpg
    Street tacker build 015.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Street tacker build 018.jpg
    Street tacker build 018.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 134
Uh Oh :hijack: RFL what powder coat system do you have? Pros cons? Would you do it different?

I've had the hotcoat and upgraded to a hyper smooth hs02. Love the hs02 hate the fact that everyone bugs me to do their stuff now.

Back