how the hell do i get my xs to burnout like this...

maxwell

XS650 Addict
Reaction score

(skip to 1:10 for the action)

my clutch is so bad i have to slip it like crazy at a redlight to get it to go anywhere. meanwhile this dude's just like "oh, and here's a casual burnout, bitches..." what is my clutch doing wrong?! does it need to be rebuilt? i've adjusted it to the point where she won't grab any tighter unless she drags to the point of stalling and has trouble finding neutral...

is there anywhere i can just buy a performance clutch for my bike? i was waiting for the 8 puck from punkskalar, but i don't think that's going to be available any time soon...

can anyone help me find a clutch that grabs nice and won't leave me dragging or stalling out at a light?

get the fuck outta here... it definitely only hit like, 2 inches of water lol. i saw that and was just like "...is this guy fucking joking? that better be cgi" :( lol

Looked gravelly to boot. Notice at the far end he couldn't even turn it around in a city street he has to use lawn. I am sure there is a point but it escapes me.

Rev it to 6000 and let the clutch slip off of your fingers. You'll do a burnout and a wheelie both :D

Looked gravelly to boot. Notice at the far end he couldn't even turn it around in a city street he has to use lawn. I am sure there is a point but it escapes me.
function of his "wonnerful" rake and trail of his heavily bastardized (oops I mean artfully customized/chopped) frame/fork geometry

Last edited:
Long bike with an old tire... I have long bikes that Hook Up and lift the front tire, but if the tires are old and hard, you can spin pretty easy....

says the bastard who pulls wheelies on his rephased (I SAW THE VIDEOS, DAMN YOU!) and has a revolutionary clutch but won't share it ;)

seriously though, does anyone know of a performance clutch unit i could buy? i know yours isn't ready for distribution yet, but i really can't stand my clutch nonsense and dont want to order all the parts.. i'd like to be able to just order a new unit and just pull and put. any suggestions?

Long bike with an old tire... I have long bikes that Hook Up and lift the front tire, but if the tires are old and hard, you can spin pretty easy....

I say be patient and wait for Hugh's kit, or try to talk him out of the one he already made.

Get rid of the old 30 year clutches buy a good set of Ferodo clutches and springs you will not have a clutch slip problems. When I first got my big bore 750 cammed head work. I had all kinds of clutch slip problems. I talked MMM 650 Central at length about clutches and springs I told him what I was running. He told me what I needed. I was thinking the heavyer springs perhaps the barnett. I took his advice glad I did no more clutch problems. I bought the 7 disk. set I run the 6 disk set up one spare in case I needed it I didn't. I have a tire wear problem now. I recommend this set up to Xsleo he is running the same clutches 7 disk set thinner steels.All the old in factory specifacation aren't worth a shit if your putting out more than 40Hp.

Yep,

Just like everyone said above, the old stock clutch is 30-40 years old now... Get some good disks and you'll be ALOT better off... Im not selling parts that I haven't tested, I won't do it now, or in the future.... I like to know my customers get the very best I have to offer...:thumbsup:

This on has a standard 6 pack clutch, new disks and upgraded springs/throw out bearing... Sticky tires will slip just a little bit, but the front end always comes up...

fishinbobber3.jpg

Back